2019 Women’s Big Bash League – Adelaide Strikers Women vs Perth Scorchers Women Preview & Prediction
When is Adelaide Strikers Women vs Perth Scorchers Women taking place? Saturday 9th November, 2019 – 03:10 (UK)
Where is Adelaide Strikers Women vs Perth Scorchers Women taking place? Karen Rolton Oval, Adelaide
What is the expected weather for Adelaide Strikers Women vs Perth Scorchers Women? 16c with plenty of cloud coverage but next to no chance of rain
What television channel is Adelaide Strikers Women vs Perth Scorchers Women on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to WBBL05 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Adelaide Strikers Women vs Perth Scorchers Women in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Adelaide Strikers Women vs Perth Scorchers Women? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Adelaide Strikers Women beat Perth Scorchers Women by 7 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
ADELAIDE STRIKERS WOMEN
- Adelaide Strikers were unable to make it four consecutive wins in the Women’s Big Bash League as they suffered a heavy loss against reigning champions Brisbane Heat with their bowling unit unable to handle the opposition.
- Having won the toss and elected to bat, the Strikers posted a decent total of 141 mainly thanks to a half-century from opener Sophie Devine who got back to form in style after three poor efforts in a row.
- Despite the defendable score, the Strikers struggled from the off and only managed to take one wicket with Beth Mooney proving the difference with a superb unbeaten 77 that condemned Adelaide to a nine-wicket loss.
PERTH SCORCHERS WOMEN
- Perth Scorchers continued their inconsistent streak as they followed up a win with another loss and the L-W sequence now stretches five games after their latest defeat against Melbourne Stars.
- The Scorchers were unable to contain the brilliance of Lizelle Lee who struck a brilliant 103 not out off 65 balls and that knock helped her side to 155/3 and left Perth with a mountain to climb with the bat.
- In reply, the Scorchers got off to a decent start and got themselves to 86/1 but lost frequent wickets after that and were left 20 runs short as no player managed to score over 40 with the bat.
Adelaide Strikers lost for just the second time in this season’s Women’s Big Bash League as Brisbane Heat proved too good for them on the day but they have the chance to respond against an inconsistent Perth Scorchers. The Scorchers cannot string two wins together and that will eventually come back to haunt them in their quest to make the knockout stages and another loss looks to be on the cards here with the Strikers likely to get back to winning ways.