2019 Women’s Big Bash League – Adelaide Strikers Women vs Melbourne Stars Women Preview & Prediction
When is Adelaide Strikers Women vs Melbourne Stars Women taking place? Sunday 10th November, 2019 – 03:10 (UK)
Where is Adelaide Strikers Women vs Melbourne Stars Women taking place? Karen Rolton Oval, Adelaide
What is the expected weather for Adelaide Strikers Women vs Melbourne Stars Women? 18c in sunny skies
What television channel is Adelaide Strikers Women vs Melbourne Stars Women on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to WBBL05 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Adelaide Strikers Women vs Melbourne Stars Women in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Adelaide Strikers Women vs Melbourne Stars Women? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Adelaide Strikers Women beat Melbourne Stars Women by 19 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
ADELAIDE STRIKERS WOMEN
- Adelaide Strikers lost out in high-scoring contest against Perth Scorchers as they lost their second Women’s Big Bash League game in a row but the Strikers will be ruing the manner of this latest defeat.
- The Scorchers posted a big total with the Strikers struggling for wickets as their opponents posted 173/3 meaning they have managed to take a combined four wickets in their last two matches.
- The Strikers made a good fist of their reply and put themselves in a position to win the game but could only muster three runs off the final four deliveries which saw them fall to a two-run defeat.
MELBOURNE STARS WOMEN
- Melbourne Stars could not build on their first win of this year’s WBBL campaign as they suffered a heavy loss against Sydney Sixers which leaves them rooted to the foot of the ladder.
- The Stars played their part in a historic contest but for all the wrong reasons as they allowed Alyssa Healy and Ellyse Perry to combine for the highest partnership ever scored in the WBBL with an unbeaten 199 for their opening stand.
- To their credit, the Stars made a good start to chase down the huge total but it was always going to be a big ask and when the wickets started falling – particularly that of Elyse Villani – the required rate became too much and they fell to a 45-run loss.
Adelaide Strikers will be desperate to get back to winning ways after losing their last two and will feel they blew the chance to win their last contest. They host a struggling Melbourne Stars outfit that have won just one game in this year’s competition so far. Their confidence will have taken another big hit after their emphatic defeat to Sydney Sixers in their last game and the Strikers should capitalise to pick up what would be an important win.