2019 Women’s Big Bash League – Adelaide Strikers Women vs Hobart Hurricanes Women Preview & Prediction
When is Adelaide Strikers Women vs Hobart Hurricanes Women taking place? Saturday 26th October, 2019 – 00:40 (UK)
Where is Adelaide Strikers Women vs Hobart Hurricanes Women taking place? Allan Border Field, Brisbane
What is the expected weather for Adelaide Strikers Women vs Hobart Hurricanes Women? 27c in bright sunshine and clear skies
What television channel is Adelaide Strikers Women vs Hobart Hurricanes Women on in the UK? BT Sport have the rights to WBBL05 matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I stream Adelaide Strikers Women vs Hobart Hurricanes Women in the UK? If televised, BT Sport subscribers will be able to stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Adelaide Strikers Women vs Hobart Hurricanes Women? Visit the official BBL website for ticket information
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Adelaide Strikers Women beat Hobart Hurricanes Women by 24 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
ADELAIDE STRIKERS WOMEN
- Adelaide Strikers could not get the better of Melbourne Renegades in their second game in quick succession as the Renegades were able to overturn the result of the first clash to condemn the Strikers to their first loss of the competition.
- The Strikers got off to a good start as they put on 73 for the first wicket at a decent pace too but could not build on their early run rate as they ended up posting 152/5 which did not prove to be enough.
- Despite taking a wicket with the first ball of their innings, the Renegades were able to chase down the total with six balls remaining and the Strikers will need more from young bowler Amanda-Jade Wellington who has struggled in the opening two matches and is yet to take a wicket.
HOBART HURRICANES WOMEN
- Hobart Hurricanes are the only side in the competition that are still unbeaten after winning both of their opening matches against Melbourne Stars and will hope they can continue that record as they face Adelaide Strikers in Brisbane.
- After a comfortable win in their first clash, the Hurricanes were just as impressive second time round thanks to a solid effort from the bowling unit which restricted the Stars to 136/7 which was a target Hobart would have felt they had a good chance of chasing.
- That proved to be the case as they reached their target with nine balls to spare and five wickets in hand largely thanks to a great knock from Nicola Carey who scored an unbeaten 60 from 46 balls.
Hobart Hurricanes have won both of their games so far and are the only side to avoid defeat even in this early stage of the Women’s Big Bash League. They will be confident heading into this contest having won both of their games in relatively comfortable fashion and will feel they have big improvements in them, too. Adelaide will pose a difficult challenge and if their strike players put in a big display they will be difficult to beat but the Hurricanes should just edge this.