When is London Spirit Women vs Southern Brave Women taking place? London Spirit Women vs Southern Brave Women will take place on Sunday 1st August, 2021 at 14:30 (UK)
Where is London Spirit Women vs Southern Brave Women taking place? London Spirit Women vs Southern Brave Women will take place at Lord's in London
What is the expected weather for London Spirit Women vs Southern Brave Women? 19c with a chance of light rain showers and light winds
Where can I get tickets for London Spirit Women vs Southern Brave Women? Click here for the latest ticket information for London Spirit Women vs Southern Brave Women
What TV channel is London Spirit Women vs Southern Brave Women on in the UK? London Spirit Women vs Southern Brave Women will be televised live on Sky Sports
Where can I stream London Spirit Women vs Southern Brave Women? Sky Sports subscribers can stream London Spirit Women vs Southern Brave Women live via Sky Go
THE TEAM NEWS
LONDON SPIRIT WOMEN
- London Spirit suffered their second defeat of the tournament last time out vs Trent Rockets at Lord’s, their second successive loss at home as they once again failed to chase down the total set by their opponents.
- After conceding 151/4 from their 100 balls bowled, the Spirit never really got close as they could only manage 133/7 in response, captain Heather Knight top scoring with just 31 runs.
- The hosts were boosted by the introduction of England’s Tammy Beaumont to their side and whilst she could only manage 13 in her first appearance, she’ll no doubt be targeting a big score here as she starts to get to grips with the competition.
SOUTHERN BRAVE WOMEN
- Southern Brave continue to set the tone in the women’s Hundred, after making it three wins from three with an eight-wicket triumph over Birmingham Phoenix on Friday.
- Opener Danni Wyatt was the hero, smashing 69 from just 40 balls supported by Sophia Dunkley’s 41 from 23 deliveries as the Brave reached their victory target of 141 with 18 balls to spare.
- Following such a commanding victory, captain Anya Shrubsole and head coach Charlotte Edwards may look to stick with the same side having found an excellent balance between bat and ball.
In their three matches played so far, Southern Brave have shown all the potential of a tournament winning side having ensured all bases within their squad are covered, combining explosive hitting at the top of the order, with canny slower bowling alongside the pace of Shrubsole. London Spirit meanwhile, have struggled in comparison with their overseas players not performing at the level they would have hoped for. The insertion of Beaumont into the team will benefit them in the long run and the hosts will desperately need a good knock from her in this game. However, the all-round skill of Southern Brave combined with the huge wave of confidence among their in-form squad should see the visitors to a fourth successive win here.