When is London Spirit Men vs Southern Brave Men taking place? London Spirit Men vs Southern Brave Men will take place on Sunday 1st August, 2021 at 18:00 (UK)
Where is London Spirit Men vs Southern Brave Men taking place? London Spirit Men vs Southern Brave Men will take place at Lord's in London
What is the expected weather for London Spirit Men vs Southern Brave Men? 17-19c with a chance of light rain showers and light winds
Where can I get tickets for London Spirit Men vs Southern Brave Men? Click here for the latest ticket information for London Spirit Men vs Southern Brave Men
What TV channel is London Spirit Men vs Southern Brave Men on in the UK? London Spirit Men vs Southern Brave Men will be televised live on Sky Sports
Where can I stream London Spirit Men vs Southern Brave Men? Sky Sports subscribers can stream London Spirit Men vs Southern Brave Men live via Sky Go
THE TEAM NEWS
LONDON SPIRIT MEN
- After three games in the men’s Hundred, London Spirit remain winless with just one point to their and already with a tough challenge ahead in their bid to finish inside the top three.
- Their latest game saw them come out the wrong end of a thriller vs league leaders Trent Rockets, losing by seven runs as they failed to chase down a target of 124.
- Head coach Shane Warne and captain Eoin Morgan may need to consider changes in order rectify their recent form and the likes of experienced Surrey and former England T20i bowler Jade Dernbach may be brought into the side, as could young Middlesex opener Joe Cracknell.
SOUTHERN BRAVE MEN
- Southern Brave finally got themselves on the board at the third time of asking after edging out Birmingham Phoenix in their first home match of the competition, chasing down 152 with just three balls and four wickets remaining.
- England T20i star Chris Jordan was the hero for the Brave, but with the bat rather than the ball after his late cameo of 17 from 9 deliveries saw his team home, following captain James Vince’s excellent 60 earlier in the piece.
- The Southampton based side will have to do without fast bowler Craig Overton for the rest of the competition after he was called up for England test duty, whilst Jofra Archer edges closer to match fitness although that will likely come too soon for him to feature here.
This feels like a critical contest for both teams in the context of the tournament when taking into account the short number of games. London Spirit’s batting must now be a cause for concern, whilst Southern Brave showed signs of clicking into gear vs Birmingham Phoenix. It is clear that the loss of both Zak Crawley and Dan Lawrence has been critical for the Spirit and it’s difficult to see them getting the runs required to outscore the visitors when you compare the respective batting line-ups of each side. With that in mind, Southern Brave are to be favoured for victory in this one, with momentum such a huge factor in short form cricket.