When is Birmingham Phoenix Women vs Trent Rockets Women taking place? Birmingham Phoenix Women vs Trent Rockets Women will take place on Sunday 1st August, 2021 at 11:00 (UK)
Where is Birmingham Phoenix Women vs Trent Rockets Women taking place? Birmingham Phoenix Women vs Trent Rockets Women will take place at Edgbaston in Birmingham
What is the expected weather for Birmingham Phoenix Women vs Trent Rockets Women? 16-17c with light clouds descending into sunny intervals and light winds
Where can I get tickets for Birmingham Phoenix Women vs Trent Rockets Women? Click here for the latest ticket information for Birmingham Phoenix Women vs Trent Rockets Women
What TV channel is Birmingham Phoenix Women vs Trent Rockets Women on in the UK? Birmingham Phoenix Women vs Trent Rockets Women will be televised live on Sky Sports
Where can I stream Birmingham Phoenix Women vs Trent Rockets Women? Sky Sports subscribers can stream Birmingham Phoenix Women vs Trent Rockets Women live via Sky Go
THE TEAM NEWS
BIRMINGHAM PHOENIX WOMEN
- A score of 140/4 looked a good one from Birmingham Phoenix against Southern Brave, but a disappointing bowling performance combined with some excellent hitting saw them lose by eight wickets, their second defeat of the competition.
- Captain Amy Jones was once again the lynchpin with the bat accruing 42 not, the highest score from a Phoenix batter for the third match in a row and the lack of significant contributions from her teammates must be addressed.
- Central Sparks’ Evelyn Jones was moved up the order to open the batting and her score of 33 showed signs of promise, therefore it wouldn’t be a surprise to see the 28-year-old given an extended run at the top of the order, with overseas player Erin Burns batting in the middle order after beginning the tournament as an opener.
TRENT ROCKETS WOMEN
- Having lost their opening two games, Trent Rockets surprised a few last time out by coming to Lord’s and comprehensively beating home side London Spirit by 18-runs to record their first two points of the campaign.
- The key to the Rockets’ success was New Zealand wicketkeeper batter Rachel Priest, as the overseas star finally came off with the bat following two previous failures, blasting 76 runs from 42 balls at the top of the order in a knock that included ten 4s and four 6s.
- After securing victory for the first time, the temptation for Trent Rockets will likely be to name an unchanged side in a bid to harness the momentum gathered from their performance at the ‘Home of Cricket’.
With their maiden Hundred triumph in the books, Trent Rockets need to back that result up with another strong all-round performance here at Edgbaston. Birmingham Phoenix’s inconsistency will be of huge frustration to them. However, Amy Jones’s side will also take confidence from the fact that last time they tasted defeat, it led to them bouncing back immediately with a win of their own. Both teams are well balanced and a close encounter may be on the cards. The difference however, could come from the crowd. As the tournament has gone on, home advantage has felt more prominent as supporters grow attached to their respective teams. With a large turnout expected in Birmingham, this will surely provide a massive boost to the Phoenix and that support may just help bring out an extra level of performance, thus spurring them on to victory.