2019 Global t20 Canada – Vancouver Knights vs Winnipeg Hawks Preview & Prediction
When is Vancouver Knights vs Winnipeg Hawks taking place? Sunday 11th August, 2019 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Vancouver Knights vs Winnipeg Hawks taking place? CAA Centre, Brampton
What is the expected weather for Vancouver Knights vs Winnipeg Hawks? 27c with mostly clear skies and next to no chance of rain
What television channel is Vancouver Knights vs Winnipeg Hawks on? FreeSports (Sky Channel 422)
Where can I stream Vancouver Knights vs Winnipeg Hawks? Premier Sports subscribers can stream the match via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Vancouver Knights vs Winnipeg Hawks? Tickets for this match can be purchased here!
Last meeting: Vancouver Knights vs Winnipeg Hawks – no result
THE TEAM NEWS
- Vancouver Knights moved a step closer to defending their Global T20 Canada crown as they defeated Brampton Wolves in their qualifying game as they progressed to their second final in succession.
- The Knights scored 170/4 from a reduced 16 overs thanks to Tobias Visee, Shoaib Malik and Andre Russell all scoring into the 40s but it was the bowling attack that did the real damage as they bowled the Wolves out for just 103 to seal a 77-run win by the D/L method.
- Hayden Walsh and Daniel Sams have been latecomers into this side but have contributed a lot to the Knights with seven wickets apiece from their three matches and they are likely to be key to their side’s chances in this final.
- Winnipeg Hawks qualified for the final of the Global T20 Canada with the most dramatic of victories against Brampton Wolves as they progressed thanks to a seven-wicket win that was achieved with the last ball of the match.
- Chasing 201 to win, the Knights needed 13 to win off the last over but JP Duminy carried on his superb form by hitting a four off the penultimate ball to tie the scores before notching the single required off the final ball to set up a fascinating clash with Vancouver Knights.
- Duminy ended with an unbeaten 50 to back up his previous scores of 85* and 48* and he heads into this tournament finale as the second highest run scorer in the competition with 299 and will be integral to his side’s chances if they are to win.
Vancouver Knights stand one game away from claiming back-to-back Global T20 Canada titles but face a tough test against Winnipeg Hawks. The Knights have been more consistent throughout the tournament but the Hawks have been impressive recently and could cause an upset. If they are to win, they will need to be good with the bat and have plenty of in-form players to lean on but Vancouver’s bowling unit will make things difficult them which can see them defend their crown.