2019 Global t20 Canada – Vancouver Knights vs Winnipeg Hawks Preview & Prediction
When is Vancouver Knights vs Winnipeg Hawks taking place? Tuesday 6th August, 2019 – 21:30 (UK)
Where is Vancouver Knights vs Winnipeg Hawks taking place? CAA Centre, Brampton
What is the expected weather for Vancouver Knights vs Winnipeg Hawks? 23c with an 70% chance of rain during the day and strong winds
What television channel is Vancouver Knights vs Winnipeg Hawks on? FreeSports (Sky Channel 422)
Where can I stream Vancouver Knights vs Winnipeg Hawks? Premier Sports subscribers can stream the match via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Vancouver Knights vs Winnipeg Hawks? Tickets for this match can be purchased here!
Last meeting: Winnipeg Hawks beat Vancouver Knights by 7 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Vancouver Knights ended the first round in good form as they won their last two matches as they restricted their opponents to modest totals before comfortably chasing them down and the defending champions are looking formidable.
- One of the most pleasing aspects of their win last time out was the fact that skipper Chris Gayle was out for four – his lowest total of the tournament this year – but Chadwick Walton and Shoaib Malik stepped up and led the team to victory to show the depth of their team.
- Despite dropping out of contention with the West Indies due to injury, Andre Russell will continue to play for the Knights as a batsman as his knee injury will prevent him bowling much if at all, but they have Aussie Daniel Sams to count on and the bowler is already looking sharp having taken four wickets last time out.
- Winnipeg Hawks come into this crunch match with Vancouver Knights needing a win to have any chance of reaching the knockout phase but they have lost their last two matches and desperately needed to raise their game.
- West Indian all-rounder Dwayne Bravo missed the defeat last time out against Edmonton Royals and they missed him badly so they will be desperately hoping that he is available to return to the side for this match.
- The bowling unit has struggled of late but the emphasis has to be on their top order and Chris Lynn in particularly to score heavily and give the team a chance of competing especially against such a strong side like the Knights.
Vancouver Knights are finding form at just the right time and while it is the Hawks who have all the urgency coming into this game, the Knights have form on their side. While the weather is expected to impact the game at some stage, a reduced overs game may even benefit the Knights even more so the Vancouver side have to be favoured here.