2019 Global t20 Canada – Toronto Nationals vs Winnipeg Hawks Preview & Prediction
When is Toronto Nationals vs Winnipeg Hawks taking place? Thursday 8th August, 2019 – 21:30 (UK)
Where is Toronto Nationals vs Winnipeg Hawks taking place? CAA Centre, Brampton
What is the expected weather for Toronto Nationals vs Winnipeg Hawks? 24c with some clouds above but the outfield could be wet from earlier in the day
What television channel is Toronto Nationals vs Winnipeg Hawks on? FreeSports (Sky Channel 422)
Where can I stream Toronto Nationals vs Winnipeg Hawks? Premier Sports subscribers can stream the match via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Toronto Nationals vs Winnipeg Hawks? Tickets for this match can be purchased here!
Last meeting: Winnipeg Hawks beat Toronto Nationals by 3 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Toronto Nationals came through their Round 2 clash with Montreal Tigers as they ensured a third-place finish and a clash with Winnipeg Hawks in the knockout stage as they look to make Saturday’s second play-off game which is the same stage they reached last year.
- Despite a two-hour delay to their game after initially refusing to take to the field following a dispute over unpaid wages, the Nationals were able to claim the win they required as they claimed a 35-run victory with Heinrich Klaasen catching the eye with a superb unbeaten 64 from just 34 balls.
- This could be Brendon McCullum’s final ever game of cricket after the New Zealand legend announced his retirement from the game at the conclusion of this tournament and will be desperate to end his fantastic career on a high.
- Winnipeg Hawks saw their Round 2 clash with Vancouver Knights washed out but that point was enough for them to finish in fourth place and progress to this knockout clash with Toronto Nationals.
- The Hawks only won two of their six matches but the point from their no result against the Knights moved them on to five points but having failed to win either of their last two games where play was possible, they face an uphill task.
- Chris Lynn will be key to the Hawks’ chances after posting 202 runs from just four matches so far which is the fourth highest in the tournament with him doing that at an impressive strike rate which currently stands at 194.2.
Toronto Nationals come into this game as favourites but will have to be on their guard against Winnipeg Hawks. Toronto will want to send Brendon McCullum out on a high and prolong his career by at least one more game. To do that, they will have to overcome Winnipeg who have some big hitters in their side. Their bowling has been the issue in this competition though and Toronto could capitalise on that to progress to Saturday’s second play-off game.