2019 Global t20 Canada – Toronto Nationals vs Winnipeg Hawks Preview & Prediction
When is Toronto Nationals vs Winnipeg Hawks taking place? Monday 29th July, 2019 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is Toronto Nationals vs Winnipeg Hawks taking place? CAA Centre, Brampton
What is the expected weather for Toronto Nationals vs Winnipeg Hawks? Temperatures of 29c forecast with sunshine and plenty of cloud cover throughout
What television channel is Toronto Nationals vs Winnipeg Hawks on? FreeSports (Sky Channel 422)
Where can I stream Toronto Nationals vs Winnipeg Hawks? Premier Sports subscribers can stream the match via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Toronto Nationals vs Winnipeg Hawks? Tickets for this match can be purchased here!
Last meeting: Toronto Nationals beat Winnipeg Hawks by 56 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Toronto Nationals bounced back from their poor start to the Global T20 as they defeated Edmonton Royals in their last encounter which was largely down to Manpreet Gony’s knock down the order.
- The Nationals had looked to be in trouble when they were restricted to 125/7 in their pursuit of 192 for the win but Gony notched an impressive 33 runs from just 12 balls and that was enough to set his side on their win to victory.
- Toronto are expected to be unchanged for this clash but that side will have to be wary here and not lose wickets as frequently as they did against Edmonton or they could fall to their second defeat from three matches.
- Winnipeg Hawks secured a huge win over Vancouver Knights as they did a brilliant job of chasing down a big total and still had plenty of balls to spare in the comfortable seven-wicket victory.
- With the Knights posting 208/5, the Hawks needed to get runs on the board quickly and looked in trouble at 15/2 but a sensational partnership of 143 between Chris Lynn and JP Duminy put them on the right track.
- When Lynn fell with the Knights still requiring 51 to win, Dwayne Bravo joined Duminy at the crease and hit a quick-fire 36 off just 17 balls to seal the win and more big-hitting could be required again in this contest with the Nationals capable of posting a score.
This should be an exciting contest between Toronto Nationals and Winnipeg Hawks that could go down to the wire. Both teams have big-scorers in their side but the Hawks look to have the greater batting depth on paper. The Nationals cannot afford to lose early wickets here as their lower order may not be able to get them out of trouble but the Hawks possess more fire-power and should be able to claim the win here.