2019 Global t20 Canada – Montreal Tigers vs Vancouver Knights Preview & Prediction
When is Montreal Tigers vs Vancouver Knights taking place? Monday 29th July, 2019 – 21:30 (UK)
Where is Montreal Tigers vs Vancouver Knights taking place? CAA Centre, Brampton
What is the expected weather for Montreal Tigers vs Vancouver Knights? Temperatures of 28c forecast with sunshine and plenty of cloud cover throughout
What television channel is Montreal Tigers vs Vancouver Knights on? FreeSports (Sky Channel 422)
Where can I stream Montreal Tigers vs Vancouver Knights? Premier Sports subscribers can stream the match via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Montreal Tigers vs Vancouver Knights? Tickets for this match can be purchased here!
Last meeting: Vancouver Knights beat Montreal Tigers by 18 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Montreal Tigers failed to back-up their win in their opening game of the Global T20 against Winnipeg Hawks as they were humiliated by Brampton Wolves and will need a big response to overcome that spectacular loss.
- The Tigers could not deal with the Wolves’ bowling attack and stuttered their way to a meagre 101 all out off 18.2 overs and despite not having much of a total to defend, they failed to take a wicket as the Wolves chased down their total off just 34 balls.
- Montreal will need to show plenty more with both bat and ball as they look to bounce back from that defeat and they will still be without Niroshan Dickwella who is on international duty with Sri Lanka.
- Vancouver Knights were unable to make it successive wins to begin their Global T20 campaign as they suffered a defeat to Winnipeg Hawks despite setting a tricky total to get beyond.
- After posting 208/5, thanks in part to a knock of 45 from skipper Chris Gayle, the Knights would have fancied their chances at defending but having reduced their opponents to 15/2, they failed to kick-on and ended up losing by seven wickets.
- The manner in which the Hawks were able to chase down that total despite the loss of those early wickets will worry the Knights with their bowling unit needing to show serious improvements here after all five failed to post an economy rate of under 10 runs an over.
Both of these teams suffered defeats in their previous outing but in very different ways. The Tigers were humiliated as they were outplayed in every department whilst the Knights will be disappointed with the way they defended their decent total. Both have work to do here and will be looking for a response but the Knights can be the ones to do so with their batting line-up likely to be too much for the Tigers.