2019 Global t20 Canada – Montreal Tigers vs Toronto Nationals Preview & Prediction
When is Montreal Tigers vs Toronto Nationals taking place? Sunday 4th August, 2019 – 21:30 (UK)
Where is Montreal Tigers vs Toronto Nationals taking place? CAA Centre, Brampton
What is the expected weather for Montreal Tigers vs Toronto Nationals? Temperatures of 26c with sunshine throughout
What television channel is Montreal Tigers vs Toronto Nationals on? FreeSports (Sky Channel 422)
Where can I stream Montreal Tigers vs Toronto Nationals? Premier Sports subscribers can stream the match via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Montreal Tigers vs Toronto Nationals? Tickets for this match can be purchased here!
Last meeting: Toronto Nationals beat Montreal Tigers by 1 wicket
THE TEAM NEWS
- Montreal Tigers claimed an important win as they were victors over Edmonton Royals in their last contest but will need to back that up here as they host Toronto Nationals in order to keep pace with Brampton Wolves at the top of the table.
- The Tigers were four-wicket winners in the enthralling contest as they chased down the 154 required with just two balls remaining with opener Kyle Coezter’s controlled 62 getting his side off to a strong start on their chase.
- Nikhil Dutta and Dillon Heyliger did the damage with the ball as they took six wickets between them for a combined 39 runs and that pair are likely to be key for their side once again here.
- Toronto Nationals put up a good fight against the uneaten Brampton Wolves but ultimately fell to another defeat in the Global T20 Canada which was their third loss from four matches so far.
- Chasing 223 to win, the Nationals made it to 211/7 from their 20 overs with captain Yuvraj Singh leading the way with a superb 51 from 22 balls but his side lacked the power at the end of the innings to get over the line.
- With Kieron Pollard away with the West Indies, the Nationals are missing some real firepower in their side and that could be an issue with Manpreet Gony also set to be missing once again.
Montreal Tigers have lost just one of their four matches so far and will be confident of making it just one loss from five as they face Toronto Nationals. With some big hitters missing from the Nationals line-up, it showed as they fell short of their run chase against Brampton in their last game and it is likely to be a similar issue problem again here. The Tigers have had numerous players contribute to their solid start and they can continue to build on that with their third win of the tournament.