2019 Global t20 Canada – Montreal Tigers vs Edmonton Royals Preview & Prediction
When is Montreal Tigers vs Edmonton Royals taking place? Wednesday 31st July, 2019 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is Montreal Tigers vs Edmonton Royals taking place? CAA Centre, Brampton
What is the expected weather for Montreal Tigers vs Edmonton Royals? 32-34c with a chance of thunderstorms
What television channel is Montreal Tigers vs Edmonton Royals on? FreeSports (Sky Channel 422)
Where can I stream Montreal Tigers vs Edmonton Royals? Premier Sports subscribers can stream the match via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Montreal Tigers vs Edmonton Royals? Tickets for this match can be purchased here!
Last meeting: Montreal Tigers beat Edmonton Royals by 15 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Montreal Tigers salvaged a valuable point on Monday evening against Vancouver Knights as they conceded a remarkable 276/3 before the inclement weather intervened and saved the Tigers from what was seemingly an impossible run chase.
- The bowling was a major issue albeit against an inspired Chris Gayle who smashed an unbeaten 122 from 54 balls, but experienced and quality T20 specialists like Naveed, Narine and Abbott were smashed to all parts of the small ground in Brampton.
- They were boosted by the arrival of Dinesh Chandimal in that game however even if he was prevented from batting by the weather his inclusion will strengthen their batting options, although on the evidence of Monday’s performance it is the bowling that desperately needs to improve here.
- Edmonton Royals are the only team in the Global T20 yet to pick up a point as they sit rock bottom of the ladder so they will be desperate to get off the mark here after previous losses to the Toronto Nationals and Brampton Wolves.
- The fundamental difference with the Royals and the rest of the teams so far is that none of their batsmen have clicked into form as yet and been able to put a big total on the board so the likes of Faf du Plessis, Mohammad Hafeez, Jimmy Neesham and Ben Cutting need to start scoring bigger.
- The bowling unit has been playing relatively well so far with Shadab Khan taking five wickets in the opening two matches but they desperately need their batsmen to give them more to work with on such a small batting-friendly pitch.
The Royals come into this game as the only team yet to pick up a point in the T20 Global so far but this match represents a real chance for them to get off the mark. Although there is a chance of the weather intervening, the Royals’ batting line-up can finally click into gear here against a Tigers bowling attack that has quality on paper, but is in poor form and is coming off the Vancouver Knights smashing them for 276/3. The Royals have some big hitters in their ranks themselves, and they can take advantage of the Tigers' poor bowling form and get their first victory under their belts.