2019 Global t20 Canada – Brampton Wolves vs Vancouver Knights Preview & Prediction
When is Brampton Wolves vs Vancouver Knights taking place? Thursday 8th August, 2019 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is Brampton Wolves vs Vancouver Knights taking place? CAA Centre, Brampton
What is the expected weather for Brampton Wolves vs Vancouver Knights? 23c but scattered thunderstorms could cause plenty of disruption
What television channel is Brampton Wolves vs Vancouver Knights on? FreeSports (Sky Channel 422)
Where can I stream Brampton Wolves vs Vancouver Knights? Premier Sports subscribers can stream the match via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Brampton Wolves vs Vancouver Knights? Tickets for this match can be purchased here!
Last meeting: Vancouver Knights beat Brampton Wolves by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Following Brampton Wolves’ first defeat in their inaugural appearance in the Global T20 Canada, they were robbed of the opportunity to bounce straight back as their game with Edmonton Royals was abandoned.
- After he was rested against Vancouver Knights, Shahid Afridi was expected to return against the Royals but a few extra days off for the veteran could do him the world of good as the tournament heads towards its climax.
- The Wolves will be looking towards opening pair George Munsey and Lendl Simmons to get them off to a good start whether setting the total or chasing whilst Ish Sodhi will also have a key role to play as he remains the leading wicket taker in the tournament.
- Vancouver Knights’ game with Winnipeg Hawks was abandoned as they were unable to build on their brilliant victory over Brampton Wolves in their last game but should mean they are still full of confidence as they face the Wolves again.
- Daniel Sams was the key man in the last contest between the two after his four-wicket haul helped his side to an eight-wicket victory with Shoaib Malik and Chadwick Walton putting on an unbeaten 100 partnership.
- Chris Gayle suffered a run out the last time these two met but he will be keen to make amends for that after only scoring four runs and the West Indian will want to ensure he ends the tournament as the highest run scorer with him posting 277 so far.
This looks like a fascinating contest in the first play-off game of the Global T20 Canada. The winner will progress straight to Sunday’s final whilst the losing side will get another chance to progress in Saturday’s second play-off. Both teams look evenly matched but the Knights were sensational in their last contest between the two and that may be difficult to turn around for the Wolves. This could be tight but the Knights can be the side to progress to the final.