2019 Global t20 Canada – Brampton Wolves vs Vancouver Knights Preview & Prediction
When is Brampton Wolves vs Vancouver Knights taking place? Sunday 4th August, 2019 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is Brampton Wolves vs Vancouver Knights taking place? CAA Centre, Brampton
What is the expected weather for Brampton Wolves vs Vancouver Knights? Temperatures of 22c but rain could hit later in the game
What television channel is Brampton Wolves vs Vancouver Knights on? FreeSports (Sky Channel 422)
Where can I stream Brampton Wolves vs Vancouver Knights? Premier Sports subscribers can stream the match via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Brampton Wolves vs Vancouver Knights? Tickets for this match can be purchased here!
Last meeting: N/A
THE TEAM NEWS
- Brampton Wolves continued their superb start to their maiden competition as they made it four wins from four to maintain their 100% record thanks to defeating Toronto Nationals in their last game.
- The Wolves posted 222/6 thanks to 66 from 36 balls from George Munsey whilst Babar Hayat’s late cameo was a welcome one as he smashed 48 off just 18 balls but the Nationals pushed them all the way with them eventually falling just 11 runs shy.
- With a brilliant mix of powerful ball strikers as well as a potent bowling attack, the Wolves have started this tournament in brilliant form with Ish Sodhi currently the leading wicket-taker with 11 dismissals to his name so far.
- Vancouver Knights got back to winning ways as they got the better of Edmonton Royals to set-up this top of the table clash with Brampton Wolves with Chris Gayle the ken man for his side.
- The West Indies legend fell just short of a century as he hit a magnificent 94 off 44 balls at a strike rate of almost 214 which helped his side chase down the 166 they required with 21 balls remaining for the for the six-wicket win.
- Gayle is now the top run scorer in the tournament with 273, 71 more than any other player whilst Shadab Khan and Ben Cutting have combined for 17 wickets so far to highlight the threat the Knights pose with both bat and ball.
This should be an exhilarating clash between the two teams currently occupying first and second in the Global T20 Canada standings. Brampton are yet to taste defeat but this will be their toughest assignment so far as they bid to maintain their 100% record but Vancouver will be difficult to beat, especially with Chris Gayle in the form he is in. This should be an extremely close clash but the Wolves can edge it and really lay down a marker for the rest of the tournament.