2019 Global t20 Canada – Brampton Wolves vs Edmonton Royals Preview & Prediction
When is Brampton Wolves vs Edmonton Royals taking place? Tuesday 6th August, 2019 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is Brampton Wolves vs Edmonton Royals taking place? CAA Centre, Brampton
What is the expected weather for Brampton Wolves vs Edmonton Royals? 27c with an 80% chance of rain during the day and strong winds
What television channel is Brampton Wolves vs Edmonton Royals on? FreeSports (Sky Channel 422)
Where can I stream Brampton Wolves vs Edmonton Royals? Premier Sports subscribers can stream the match via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Brampton Wolves vs Edmonton Royals? Tickets for this match can be purchased here!
Last meeting: Brampton Wolves beat Edmonton Royals by 27 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- After dominating in the group stage and comfortably being the best team in the tournament so far, Brampton Wolves come off their sole defeat so far in which Vancouver Knights outplayed them by eight wickets, so they will be keen to bounce back here.
- Star veteran Shahid Afridi was rested in that match but he will return to the fold here which is ominous for the Royals as he smashed a stunning 81 not out from 40 balls when they met earlier in the tournament to lead his team to a 27-run victory.
- Their bowling attack has been one of the best in the tournament so far too, and similar to their batsmen who endured a poor performance last time out, they will be keen to bounce back here.
- At the fifth attempt of asking, Edmonton Royals got their first win of the 2019 Global T20 last time out as they comfortably and impressively chased down Winnipeg Hawks’ total of 195/6 as Anshuman Rath’s unbeaten 87 guided them home with 2.2 overs remaining.
- That match was the first since skipper Faf du Plessis departed and Mohammad Hafeez has taken over captaincy duties and the Pakistani batsman was inspired against the Hawks as he smashed a fifty to help them to victory and overcome the loss of Du Plessis.
- The bowling will remain a major concern for them however as other than the ever-impressive Shadab Khan, the rest of their bowling attack continue to struggle to bowl economically in the tournament which does not bode well against an impressive Wolves’ batting line-up.
Top plays bottom as Brampton will face off against Edmonton in a match which is likely to be impacted by the poor weather forecast. The Wolves already hold a win over the Royals, and despite losing their first match of the Global T20 last time out and the Royals winning their only match of the campaign, the Brampton outfit should have far too much quality for their opponents here.