Vitality t20 Blast 2020 – Glamorgan vs Worcestershire Rapids Preview & Prediction
When is Glamorgan vs Worcestershire Rapids taking place? Thursday 27th August, 18:30 (UK)
Where is Glamorgan vs Worcestershire Rapids taking place? Sophia Gardens Cardiff
What is the expected weather for Glamorgan vs Worcestershire Rapids? Heavy rain is expected throughout the duration of the match
What channel is Glamorgan vs Worcestershire Rapids on? Sky Sports have the rights to show the T20 Blast so check their schedule here to see if they will be showing this match
Where can I stream Glamorgan vs Worcestershire Rapids? You can stream this via the SkyGo app if the match is being televised by Sky Sports
Where can I get tickets for Glamorgan vs Worcestershire Rapids? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Glamorgan were eliminated in the group stage of last year’s Vitality Blast.
- The Welsh county have signed Ireland international captain Andrew Balbirnie as an overseas player for this year’s competition and he is expected to make his debut in this match.
- Andrew Salter, Prem Sisodiya and Owen Morgan are all named in a Glamorgan matchday squad for the first time this season and all three could feature here.
- Worcestershire Rapids came so close to defending their 2018 Blast title last year, but lost out to Essex Eagles in the grand final after conceding four off the final ball of the match.
- The Rapids are heavily weakened by the absence of T20 skipper Moeen Ali due to England commitments and the side will be captained by all-rounder Ed Barnard in his place
- Worcestershire will also be without star death bowler Pat Brown after he was called up to the England T20 squad to face Australia alongside Ali.
It looks like the only winner from this match will be the rain. The forecast for the scheduled hours of play is terrible, with heavily showers predicted throughout the evening and both sides are set to be frustrated here. In the unlikely event that enough overs are played to force a result, then even without star men Ali and Brown, the Rapids should have more than enough in the tank to overcome Glamorgan.