Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Yorkshire Vikings vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks Preview & Prediction
When is Yorkshire Vikings vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks taking place? Thursday 29th August, 18:30 (UK)
Where is Yorkshire Vikings vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks taking place? Emerald Headingley, Leeds
What is the expected weather for Yorkshire Vikings vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks? 18c and cloudy with sunny intervals
What television channel is Yorkshire Vikings vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks on? Yorkshire Vikings vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Yorkshire Vikings vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Yorkshire Vikings vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Yorkshire Vikings W7, Northamptonshire Steelbacks W4, Tie 1, No result 2
Last meeting: No result
THE TEAM NEWS
- It has been a frustrating campaign for Yorkshire Vikings, whose Vitality Blast misery was compounded on Sunday after a 3-run defeat away at Notts Outlaws left them rooted to the bottom of the Northern Group with no chance of qualification.
- Adam Lyth was the sole bright spot in a bleak day for the ‘White Rose’, as the opening batsman and part-time spinner took a five-wicket haul with the ball and backed it up by hitting 48 runs with the bat.
- With England international Adil Rashid injured, South African off-spinner Keshav Maharaj has featured in Yorkshire’s Vitality Blast matches despite being signed primarily for the club’s County Championship campaign, but Maharaj has impressed in his T20 appearances and will have a big role to play in this match.
- Despite victory in their last T20 outing over Birmingham Bears, Northamptonshire Steelbacks face an improbable task to finish in the top four, with them only being able to catch Worcestershire Rapids in fourth place who have a superior net run rate.
- The win against Birmingham was impressive, a quickfire 44 from 27 balls by opener Richard Levi set the tone for the Steelbacks, who chased down their target of 151 with two balls to spare.
- Whilst the top order of Northamptonshire Steelbacks has in the main impressed, the bowling has been below par, with only nine Vitality Blast wickets taken in their last three completed matches which is something they will look to improve here.
Whilst Northampton Steelbacks still possess a faint chance of qualification, this is a dead rubber for Yorkshire Vikings who need a win to climb off the bottom of the North Group. It has been an underwhelming competition for the Leeds based side, who have failed to win a single Vitality Blast game at Emerald Headingley this season.
There is a good chance that this duck may continue in this match, and whilst the Steelbacks’ bowling is questionable, the big hitting prowess of Levi, Rossington and Cobb at the top of the order should be enough to give Northamptonshire Steelbacks the victory here.