Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Yorkshire Vikings vs Durham Jets Preview & Prediction
When is Yorkshire Vikings vs Durham Jets taking place? Friday 16th August, 19:00 (UK)
Where is Yorkshire Vikings vs Durham Jets taking place? Emerald Headingley, Leeds
What is the expected weather for Yorkshire Vikings vs Durham Jets? 17c but there is a high chance of rain that could impact play
What television channel is Yorkshire Vikings vs Durham Jets on? Yorkshire Vikings vs Durham Jets will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Yorkshire Vikings vs Durham Jets? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Yorkshire Vikings vs Durham Jets? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Yorkshire Vikings W16, Durham Jets W13, No Result 2
Last meeting: Yorkshire Vikings beat Durham Jets by 10 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Yorkshire Vikings fell to the bottom of the North Group as they fell to defeat against fellow strugglers Derbyshire Falcons and that loss leaves the Vikings with a huge task ahead of them if they are to avoid an early exit from the T20 Blast.
- Yorkshire struggled with the ball as they allowed Derbyshire to post 207/5 and that scoreboard pressure seemed to tell as Yorkshire never looked like getting anywhere near that total.
- They were bowled out for 152 which resulted in a 55-run defeat in what was Keshav Maharaj’s first appearance in this year’s Blast but he failed to have little impact and will be hoping for better if he is retained in the side.
- Durham Jets suffered an agonising defeat at the hands of Worcestershire Rapids in a game they will be wondering how they did not win after restricting their opponents to just 117/7 from their 20 overs.
- Matty Potts was the pick of the bowlers as he snared three wickets for 22 runs and despite coasting to 79-0, Durham amazingly fell three runs short after not only a worrying collapse but a complete failure to chase down the total.
- Durham finished on 114/6 and will have some soul-searching to do following that loss but they will not have to wait long for a chance to redeem themselves and may opt to give the same XI the chance to do so.
Durham will be desperate to right their wrongs after throwing away the two points against Worcestershire. They only needed 118 to win and sitting at 79/0 after 11.3 overs, they look certain to take the win but the only managed a further 35 runs from the final 51 balls to fall short in their chase. The good thing for them is that they do not have long to dwell on that and face an out-of-sorts Yorkshire outfit who are very low on confidence with the Jets able to get back to winning ways if the rain holds off.