Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Yorkshire Vikings vs Derbyshire Falcons Preview & Prediction
When is Yorkshire Vikings vs Derbyshire Falcons taking place? Sunday 11th August, 15:00 (UK)
Where is Yorkshire Vikings vs Derbyshire Falcons taking place? Emerald Headingley, Leeds
What is the expected weather for Yorkshire Vikings vs Derbyshire Falcons? 17c but a good chance of showers which could affect play
What television channel is Yorkshire Vikings vs Derbyshire Falcons on? Yorkshire Vikings vs Derbyshire Falcons will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Yorkshire Vikings vs Derbyshire Falcons? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Yorkshire Vikings vs Derbyshire Falcons? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Yorkshire Vikings W16, Derbyshire Falcons W11, No Result 1
Last meeting: Derbyshire Falcons beat Yorkshire Vikings by 5 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Yorkshire Vikings were perhaps thankful that they did not have to face runaway North Group leaders and Roses rivals Lancashire Lightning as their clash was rained off without a ball being bowled.
- That result means that Yorkshire still just have single win to their name from their eight games with three defeats, a tie and three no results leaving them on six points but they must start winning soon to genuinely challenge for a quarter-final spot.
- Yorkshire had been hoping to have spinner Adil Rashid back in their ranks but their injury troubles worsened after the news that the England World Cup winner has been ruled out for the remainder of the tournament with a chronic shoulder issue.
- Derbyshire Falcons came agonisingly close to earning an important win but fell just short in their run chase against Durham Jets with that result ensuring that they remain rooted to the foot of the North Group.
- It was a solid team effort from the Falcons although Fynn Hudson-Prentice put in a good individual performance as he took a wicket before notching an unbeaten 31 from 24 balls but it proven in vain as his side came up short.
- The seven-run loss means Derbyshire have it all to do as they reach the halfway point of the group stage with a lot of pressure falling on their bowling unit to improve with them so far failing to bowl a side out whilst they are allowing too many runs.
Yorkshire and Derbyshire are both desperate for a win with the two teams combining for just three victories from their games so far. They face-off here with both teams still in with a chance of making the quarter-finals but they need to pick up wins to make that a reality. Yorkshire still have injury issues and despite arguably outperforming the visitors across the competition so far, Derbyshire have won their last five contests between the two and they can extend that run to six here.