Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Worcestershire Rapids vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks Preview & Prediction
When is Worcestershire Rapids vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks taking place? Sunday 11th August, 14:30 (UK)
Where is Worcestershire Rapids vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks taking place? Blackfinch New Road, Worcester
What is the expected weather for Worcestershire Rapids vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks? 19c but a big chance of rain during play
What television channel is Worcestershire Rapids vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks on? Worcestershire Rapids vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Worcestershire Rapids vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Worcestershire Rapids vs Northamptonshire Steelbacks? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Worcestershire Rapids W15, Northamptonshire Steelbacks W12, No Result 3
Last meeting: Worcestershire Rapids beat Northamptonshire Steelbacks by 9 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Worcestershire Rapids’ three-match winning run was brought to an end as their run chase fell well short as they attempted to hunt down the 153 they required for victory against Leicestershire.
- A four-wicket haul from South African Wayne Parnell helped restrict Leicestershire to 152 but the loss of regular wickets meant that Worcestershire were unable to get close as they were bowled out for 119.
- The 33-run loss was a blow for the in-form Rapids but this game against Northamptonshire presents them with a good chance of getting back to winning ways immediately in what could be an unchanged line-up.
- Northamptonshire Steelbacks were left to rue the weather after doing a good job of restricting Leicestershire to 137/9 and with a revised total of 133 set from 19 overs, they would have fancied their chances of chasing that down.
- It was not to be however with the rain causing the game to be abandoned after just 2.4 overs were possible in their chase but the point keeps them in the mix for a spot in the quarter-finals.
- Ben Sanderson and Dwaine Pretorious took seven wickets between them in what was a strong bowling display and the Steelbacks will be hoping they can carry on where they left off in this one.
Worcestershire Rapids suffered defeat in their last game against Leicestershire but remain in a strong position in the North Group. They host Northamptonshire here whose last game, also against Leicestershire, was washed out. The weather forecast does not bode well for this game and it could be another washout for the Steelbacks but that might save them with the Rapids likely to bounce back if a result can be managed.