Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Worcestershire Rapids vs Leicestershire Foxes Preview & Prediction
When is Worcestershire Rapids vs Leicestershire Foxes taking place? Sunday 4th August, 14:30 (UK)
Where is Worcestershire Rapids vs Leicestershire Foxes taking place? Blackfinch New Road, Worcester
What is the expected weather for Worcestershire Rapids vs Leicestershire Foxes? 23c with clouds and a small chance of rain
What television channel is Worcestershire Rapids vs Leicestershire Foxes on? Worcestershire Rapids vs Leicestershire Foxes will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Worcestershire Rapids vs Leicestershire Foxes? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Worcestershire Rapids vs Leicestershire Foxes? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Worcestershire W4, Leicestershire W4, No Result 1
Last meeting: Leicestershire beat Worcestershire by 5 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Worcestershire made it three wins in a row in the T20 Blast as they were comfortable winners over Yorkshire with their upturn in form seeing them rise to second in the North Group standings.
- Chasing 178 to win, the Rapids made fairly light work of the Yorkshire bowling attack with Riki Wessels scoring a superb 91 off 51 balls to set his side on their way to a five-wicket victory.
- Following such an impressive win, it would be a surprise if Worcestershire decided to change their team although they will want to see more from Ed Barnard who, despite being economical, has failed to take a wicket in his last four Blast games.
- Leicestershire failed to build on their win over Notts which was their first win in this year’s tournament as Durham proved far too good for them with that loss seeing the Foxes remain rooted to the foot of the North Group.
- Durham ran out eight-wicket winners after chasing down the 143 they required with 32 balls remaining as the bowling unit were knocked around the field with Will Davis in particular suffering a bad night after he was hit for 33 off just two overs.
- Leicestershire have named an unchanged 13-man squad for this clash with Ben Mike and Chris Wright hoping to earn a call-up with the pair missing out on selection in the Foxes’ previous two matches.
Leicestershire need to start picking up some wins or face early elimination from the T20 Blast. They have won just one game so far and sit at the foot of the North Group table and face a tough task here against the side in second. The Rapids are on a good run of form and will be difficult to beat and they should be able to add a fifth win of the tournament with their batsmen likely to relish facing a struggling bowling attack.