Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Worcestershire Rapids vs Lancashire Lightning Preview & Prediction
When is Worcestershire Rapids vs Lancashire Lightning taking place? Sunday 25th August, 14:30 (UK)
Where is Worcestershire Rapids vs Lancashire Lightning taking place? Blackfinch New Road, Worcester
What is the expected weather for Worcestershire Rapids vs Lancashire Lightning? 28c with bright sunshine and clear skies
What television channel is Worcestershire Rapids vs Lancashire Lightning on? Worcestershire Rapids vs Lancashire Lightning will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Worcestershire Rapids vs Lancashire Lightning? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Worcestershire Rapids vs Lancashire Lightning? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Worcestershire Rapids W3, Lancashire Lightning W9, No Result 4
Last meeting: Lancashire Lightning beat Worcestershire Rapids by 21 runs (D/L method)
THE TEAM NEWS
- Worcestershire Rapids kept the pressure on North Group leaders Lancashire Lightning as they produced a brilliant display against Birmingham Bears to pick up another important victory in their quest to make the last-eight.
- Despite facing a big total to chase in 185, the Rapids were superb and only lost the one wicket in their chase with Riki Wessels and Moeen Ali sharing an unbeaten second-wicket stand of 138 to guide their side to the nine-wicket win.
- In just his second Blast appearance of the season, Ali produced a brilliant display to put his England woes behind him, playing without a care in the world as he whacked an unbeaten 85 from just 46 balls and he will hope to replicate that kind of form again here.
- Lancashire Lightning endured another luckless fixture with the weather as their game against Birmingham Bears was a washout but with 16 points already on the board, they have become the first side from the North Group to qualify for the knockout stages.
- The Lightning have been the team to beat for the majority of the competition with just one defeat to their name so far although they have only won as many games as their opponents in this game.
- Those six wins have largely been down to impressive performances and they will now want to secure top spot in the group and their attempts will be aided by the return of Glenn Maxwell who will come back into the side after overcoming hamstring tightness.
First place in the North Group travel to second as Worcestershire Rapids bid to join top of the table Lancashire Lightning in the quarter-finals. The Rapids look certain to advance but need one more win to cement their place and would like to do it against the only side ahead of them in the table. The return of Moeen Ali had a great impact in their last game and if he can carry on where he left off following his score of 85*, the Rapids could seal their place in the last-eight in style.