Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Worcestershire Rapids vs Durham Jets Preview & Prediction
When is Worcestershire Rapids vs Durham Jets taking place? Sunday 28th July, 14:30 (UK)
Where is Worcestershire Rapids vs Durham Jets taking place? Blackfinch New Road, Worcester
What is the expected weather for Worcestershire Rapids vs Durham Jets? 18-19c with cloud and a small chance of showers throughout the day
What television channel is Worcestershire Rapids vs Durham Jets on? Worcestershire Rapids vs Durham Jets will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Worcestershire Rapids vs Durham Jets? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Worcestershire Rapids vs Durham Jets? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Worcestershire Rapids W6, Durham Jets W5, No result 3
Last meeting: Worcestershire Rapids beat Durham Jets by 3 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- The defending champions sit on just three points from their opening three games following their defeat on Friday night against Lancashire Lightning so they have ground to make up on the North Group leaders at the moment.
- Overseas star Martin Guptill got the innings off to a good start on Friday with 37 from 33 balls but none of his team-mates could stick around long enough and compile an innings of 20 or more which cost them dearly as they could only manage 130/9.
- They remain without Moeen Ali but the likelihood is that they name the same team that lost to Lancashire in Friday’s rain-affected match, as they will not overreact to that lost, and they will be confident of getting back to winning ways here.
- Durham Jets are coming off their second win in their opening three matches as they travelled down to Leicestershire on Friday night and duly walloped the hosts by nine wickets and 8.5 overs to spare as they smashed their way to victory.
- Openers Scott Steel and D’Arcy Short made an absolute mockery of the Foxes’ bowling attack hitting them to all parts of the ground as Short hit an unbeaten 77 from 36 balls and Steel whacked 70 from 30.
- They have named the same squad for this trip to Worcestershire and after such a dominant performance that has seen them move up the North Group ladder, they will surely field the same eleven.
A fascinating encounter between the defending champions who have had a mixed start and a Durham side that demonstrated on Friday night that they are capable of the spectacular. The Rapids have not been firing on all cylinders just yet but it feels like a matter of time until the likes of Guptill and Ferguson click into gear. They will not have it all their own way against the Jets, but they should have enough quality and with a degree of urgency, they can take the points here.