Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Worcestershire Rapids vs Derbyshire Falcons Preview & Prediction
When is Worcestershire Rapids vs Derbyshire Falcons taking place? Wednesday 31st July, 17:00 (UK)
Where is Worcestershire Rapids vs Derbyshire Falcons taking place? Blackfinch New Road, Worcester
What is the expected weather for Worcestershire Rapids vs Derbyshire Falcons? 19-20c and cloudy but no rain forecast
What television channel is Worcestershire Rapids vs Derbyshire Falcons on? Worcestershire Rapids vs Derbyshire Falcons will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Worcestershire Rapids vs Derbyshire Falcons? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Worcestershire Rapids vs Derbyshire Falcons? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Worcestershire Rapids W8 Derbyshire Falcons W5, No result 1
Last meeting: Worcestershire Rapids beat Derbyshire Falcons by 16 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Defending champions Worcestershire Rapids clicked into gear last time out as they chased down Durham Jets’ par score of 181/8 in just 12.1 overs, as openers Guptill and Wessels produced the fireworks to move them ominously up the North Group standings.
- After failing to spark in their opening matches, Guptill finally hit form as he smashed a stunning unbeaten 86 from just 31 balls and the opening duo along with Ferguson at number three will be key to their hopes moving forward.
- With no injury concerns to note and no additional international call-ups, the team that comprehensively beat the Jets last time out will likely start this game as they look to push on in the tournament now.
- Derbyshire Falcons sit with just three points from their opening four matches but with the North Group so congested and the second-placed team, their opponents here, having just five points they know a win will catapult them up the table.
- South African batsman Leus du Plooy has been a revelation in the tournament so far with three good knocks but he has been self-critical with none of those innings proving to be matchwinners, so he is determined to push on and make an even greater contribution to the side now.
- The Falcons have back-to-back away matches now followed by a period of three home games in a week but they will be desperate not to lose further ground on the top teams so a win here is important to the team, albeit against the defending champions.
The Rapids’ win last time out was an ominous warning to the rest of the teams in the T20 Blast that they mean business once again this season and will fight to retain their trophy. The top order finally found some form and demonstrated the firepower they do possess if opponents cannot take early wickets against them. The Falcons have just one solitary win so far, which came against Yorkshire in their opening match, but they have been largely disappointing since then. They will have to produce some performance to top the Rapids here who have to be favoured to get the win in this one.