When is Sussex Sharks vs Surrey taking place? Friday 26th July, 19:00 (UK)
Where is Sussex Sharks vs Surrey taking place? The 1st Central County Ground, Hove
What is the expected weather for Sussex Sharks vs Surrey? 20-21c with a 50% chance of rain in the evening which may affect play
What television channel is Sussex Sharks vs Surrey on? Sussex Sharks vs Surrey will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Sussex Sharks vs Surrey? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Sussex Sharks vs Surrey? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Sussex Sharks W12, Surrey W15, No result 3
Last meeting: No result
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sussex Sharks picked up their opening win on Wednesday night as they edged past Hampshire by 14 runs in a tight match as their key performers stepped up and demonstrated why they are one of the favourites for the trophy this year once again.
- The return of Reece Topley was a welcome boost after over a year on the sidelines and he picked up a stunning 4/33 including the wickets of three of Hampshire’s top order in his second over to firmly give the Sharks control of the match, while they were aided by some quality batting by Phil Salt, David Wiese and Rashid Khan.
- They have been given a further boost for this match with the news that England have cleared Jofra Archer to play this match as he recovers from a slight side strain and begins his preparations for a potential Ashes Test call-up.
- Surrey’s tough start to their T20 Blast campaign took a turn for the better on Thursday night as after losing their opening two matches, they bowled Glamorgan out for just 44 runs to beat the Welsh side by a staggering 97 runs and kick-start their tournament.
- They were aided by a superb hat-trick by Tom Curran as he ripped through the Glamorgan top order in that game and then Imran Tahir and Gareth Batty chipped in with three wickets apiece also to pick up a confidence-boosting win ahead of this tough trip to Sussex.
- Surrey have named an unchanged squad for this second of the back-to-back matches and there is every chance that they will name the same eleven after such a strong performance although they will know they still have to improve further with the bat.
Two of the more high-profile teams in the tournament clash at Hove and this promises to be a fascinating encounter with both teams coming off excellent victories. The Sharks look strong in their first completed match against Hampshire but still have more to give and the inclusion of Jofra Archer may help them improve even further. Surrey have been very hit or miss so far but they come off a resounding win over Glamorgan on Thursday. They will not have it all their own way here however and the Sharks will be confident of picking up a second consecutive win with their greater all-round quality.