Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Sussex Sharks vs Middlesex Preview & Prediction
When is Sussex Sharks vs Middlesex taking place? Friday 9th August, 19:00 (UK)
Where is Sussex Sharks vs Middlesex taking place? The 1st Central County Ground, Hove
What is the expected weather for Sussex Sharks vs Middlesex? 20c but there is a good chance rain could hit just before play begins
What television channel is Sussex Sharks vs Middlesex on? Sussex Sharks vs Middlesex will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Sussex Sharks vs Middlesex? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Sussex Sharks vs Middlesex? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Sussex Sharks W15, Middlesex W7, No Result 5
Last meeting: Sussex Sharks beat Middlesex by 31 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sussex Sharks continued their unbeaten run at the start of this year’s T20 Blast as they were comfortable winners over Glamorgan with that result seeing them rise to the top of the South Group.
- Reece Topley was on form with the ball as he took 3-20 to help reduce Glamorgan to 146/9 before Philip Salt continued his good form as he notched his third half-century of this year’s competition as he finished unbeaten on 78 from just 42 balls.
- The Sharks have named an unchanged 14-man squad and it is expected that the same XI will feature with it becoming increasingly difficult for head coach Jason Gillespie to leave anybody out of his side.
- Middlesex scored over 200 for the second successive game as they claimed back-to-back T20 Blast victories as they were comfortable winners over Surrey to consolidate their place in third in the South Group.
- AB de Villiers and Eion Morgan were in superb touch as they put on 116 for the fourth-wicket to help Middlesex to 210/8 before Steve Finn contributed with a five-wicket haul after four impressive overs on his way to figures of 5-16.
- What made Middlesex’s total even more impressive is that they lost in-form captain Dawid Malan to a third-ball duck and following the 64-run win, it is difficult to envisage any changes to the line-up here.
First host third in what should be a sensational game in the South Group that will hopefully be able to go ahead despite the rain that is forecast. Both teams are in good form with Sussex yet to taste defeat so far whilst Middlesex have won five and lost two of their seven games. Both teams are capable of winning but preference is just for the home side although a reduced overs game could play into the hands of the away side’s big hitters.