Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Sussex Sharks vs Kent Spitfires Preview & Prediction
When is Sussex Sharks vs Kent Spitfires taking place? Friday 2nd August, 19:00 (UK)
Where is Sussex Sharks vs Kent Spitfires taking place? The 1st Central County Ground, Hove
What is the expected weather for Sussex Sharks vs Kent Spitfires? 21c with sunny spells
What television channel is Sussex Sharks vs Kent Spitfires on? Sussex Sharks vs Kent Spitfires will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Sussex Sharks vs Kent Spitfires? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Sussex Sharks vs Kent Spitfires? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Sussex Sharks W9, Kent Spitfires W13, Tied 1, No result 5
Last meeting: No result
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sussex are yet to taste defeat in this year’s T20 Blast with two wins, a tie and a no result from their four matches so far after they saw off Somerset by 13 runs in their last match but face a tough task against unbeaten Kent here.
- Alex Carey was the main man for his side with a knock of 78 and he should make his home debut in this game and could be joined in the line-up by Chris Jordan who could make his first appearance in this year’s tournament following a back injury.
- He still needs to prove his fitness but if he does, he could take to the field with fellow paceman Jofra Archer who has been made available for by England as he looks to build some match fitness ahead of the second Ashes Test.
- Kent are the only side in the entire competition to have a 100% record at this point and although they have been helped by some kind weather compared to other teams, they have done superbly well to have won all five of their games.
- They claimed a 28-run victory over Middlesex in their last game as the Spitfires’ score of 204 proved to be enough with an unbeaten fifth-wicket stand of 114 between Heino Kuhn and Alex Blake proving to be the difference between the two teams.
- Although Kent face a short turnaround with a second game in 24 hours facing them in this contest, it is difficult to envisage the Spitfires making any changes as they look to extend their winning run.
This could be the game of the night as Kent look to maintain the only 100% winning record in the competition as they head to Sussex. The Sharks are yet to taste defeat themselves but have only won two of their four games with the other two abandoned. They could be boosted by the inclusion of Chris Jordan and Jofra Archer which would transform their bowling attack but with doubts remaining over both, Kent should be able to claim another win regardless of their availability.