When is Sussex Sharks vs Hampshire taking place? Wednesday 24th July, 19:00 (UK)
Where is Sussex Sharks vs Hampshire taking place? The 1st Central County Ground, Hove
What is the expected weather for Sussex Sharks vs Hampshire? 26-28c with sunshine forecast all day
What television channel is Sussex Sharks vs Hampshire on? Sussex Sharks vs Hampshire will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Sussex Sharks vs Hampshire? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Sussex Sharks vs Hampshire? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Sussex Sharks W10, Hampshire W15, No result 6
Last meeting: No result
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sussex Sharks have only had one match scheduled and that was on Friday with the reverse fixture of this match at the Ageas Bowl but inclement weather saw that match abandoned without a ball being bowled so they will look to kick off their campaign as they welcome Hampshire.
- Coach Jason Gillespie has named an unchanged squad for this match from Friday’s washout which means Chris Jordan remains out due to a knee problem, George Garton is also absent with a side strain, while Stiaan van Zyl is rested after aggravating an elbow issue in the County match last week.
- Left-arm pace bowler Reece Topley is named in the squad after being out of action for over a year and he could feature and they have plenty of big names available with the likes of Laurie Evans, Luke Wright, Phil Salt, Tymal Mills, David Wiese and Rashid Khan all in the squad here.
- Unlike Sussex, Hampshire had a game between this and their washed out match as they faced Kent Spitfires on Sunday but suffered a penultimate ball defeat as Alex Blake hit an unbeaten fifty and hit Chris Wood for consecutive sixes in the final over to leave Hampshire without a win after two matches.
- They have named an unchanged set of 14 players for this match which means Alsop, Taylor and Stevenson will be hoping to challenge for a place in the eleven, but the likelihood is after such a narrow loss that they go unchanged once again.
- Openers Donald and Rossouw will be hoping to get off to a faster start in this match after a relatively pedestrian opening against Kent but otherwise there were plenty of positives from that narrow defeat so they will just look to fine tune some areas here.
Hampshire’s poor form from last season has already shown signs of continuing in this 2019 Blast campaign, and they will have to improve significantly against this strong Sussex side. The hosts have yet to play a game after their first match was washed out, but they will be raring to go here. The bowling departments are relatively well matched, but the Sharks’ big hitting trio of Salt, Evans and Wright could swing the game in their favour and condemn Hampshire to another defeat.