Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Sussex Sharks vs Gloucestershire Preview & Prediction
When is Sussex Sharks vs Gloucestershire taking place? Friday 30th August, 18:30 (UK)
Where is Sussex Sharks vs Gloucestershire taking place? The 1st Central County Ground, Hove
What is the expected weather for Sussex Sharks vs Gloucestershire? 18c with the sun shining and next to no chance of rain
What television channel is Sussex Sharks vs Gloucestershire on? Sussex Sharks vs Gloucestershire will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Sussex Sharks vs Gloucestershire? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Sussex Sharks vs Gloucestershire? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Sussex Sharks W10, Gloucestershire W5, No Result 1
Last meeting: Sussex Sharks beat Gloucestershire by 3 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Sussex Sharks head into their final game of the group stage of this year’s t20 Blast with the best record in the competition and will want to assert their dominance as they host the team in second place in the South Group.
- The Sharks made it back-to-back wins with another comfortable win as they saw off Glamorgan for a seven-wicket victory after successfully chasing down 175 with 19 balls of their chase remaining.
- Alex Carey scored 61 as he continued his good run of form but he will be unavailable for this game as he features for Australia in their tour match against Derbyshire with George Garton included in the Sussex squad for the first time this season.
- Gloucestershire secured their third win in a row from matches that have seen a result as they moved a step closer to sealing a home tie in the quarter-finals after holding on to beat Kent Spitfires.
- That result was enough to see Gloucestershire leapfrog the Spitfires into second place and put them in pole position to earn home advantage with veteran Michael Klinger the main reason behind that.
- He smashed a superb unbeaten 102 off just 65 balls to help his side post 180/3 but the bowling unit did well to contain a side including Faf du Plessis as Kent fell five runs short of their target which resulted in the important victory for Gloucestershire.
The top two in the South Group face-off in their final games of the group stage with both safely progressing to the quarter-finals. Sussex cannot be caught at the top of the table after an impressive campaign but Gloucestershire’s work is not yet done as they look to earn a home tie in the last eight. They could lose this game and still do that but a win secures it for them which will be tricky against a side that have defeated them in three of their last four clashes and the outcome could be the same once again.