When is Surrey vs Sussex Sharks taking place? Thursday 15th August, 18:30 (UK)
Where is Surrey vs Sussex Sharks taking place? Kia Oval, London
What is the expected weather for Surrey vs Sussex Sharks? 21c and cloudy but with sunny intervals
What television channel is Surrey vs Sussex Sharks on? Surrey vs Sussex Sharks will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Surrey vs Sussex Sharks? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Surrey vs Sussex Sharks? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Surrey W15, Sussex Sharks W12, Tie 1, No result 3
Last meeting: Match tied
THE TEAM NEWS
- Surrey secured their second Vitality Blast win of the year at the weekend, defeating rock-bottom Glamorgan by seven wickets with an over to spare, but they remain rooted to 8th place in the South Group.
- Despite standout batsman Aaron Finch being dismissed without scoring, the middle order gave the South London county something to cheer about, with Will Jacks making 32 at just over a run a ball, before England internationals Ollie Pope and Ben Foakes put on an unbroken stand of 53 to see them home in Cardiff.
- The bowling has misfired badly for Surrey over the course of their Blast campaign despite boasting the likes of Imran Tahir, Jade Dernbach and Tom Curran within their ranks, but restricting Glamorgan to 152/6 in a winning effort will have given them a boost going forward and they will hope to back that up in this game.
- Sussex cemented their spot at the top of the South Group with their fifth win in a row last Friday night against second-placed Middlesex and the Sharks remain unbeaten in the Vitality Blast, racking up 14 points already this campaign.
- The Sharks’ bowling attack showed their class once again restricting Middlesex to 127/6 despite the absence of Reece Topley as the left-arm fast bowler was left out in favour of Chris Jordan as the club continue to manage his workload carefully following a series of back fractures and it remains to be seen as to whether he will return to the side in this game.
- The presence of Australian overseas wicketkeeper batsman Alex Carey has provided some steel within the Sussex middle order, and he could play a key part in this game should the likes of Luke Wright and Phil Salt fail to fire at the top of the order
A packed Kia Oval crowd will hope for another thriller between these two sides which saw the reverse clash at Hove finish in a tie, after Surrey’s 10th wicket partnership of Imran Tahir and Gareth Batty hit 11 off the final over bowled by David Wiese.
Sussex are top of the South Group and favourites to win the Vitality Blast for a reason. Their T20 bowling attack is the best in the country and with Luke Wright, Phil Salt, Laurie Evans at the top of the order, their batting packs a punch as well.
Surrey have struggled to gain any sort of momentum in this year’s Blast campaign and despite winning their last match, it is difficult to see that changing against a Sharks side that should prove too strong for them in this game.