When is Surrey vs Glamorgan taking place? Thursday 25th July, 18:30 (UK)
Where is Surrey vs Glamorgan taking place? Kia Oval, London
What is the expected weather for Surrey vs Glamorgan? Scorching temperatures of around 36c are forecast
What television channel is Surrey vs Glamorgan on? Surrey vs Glamorgan will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Surrey vs Glamorgan? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Surrey vs Glamorgan? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Surrey W4, Glamorgan W8, No result 2
Last meeting: Surrey beat Glamorgan by 24 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- It has been a miserable start for Surrey as they have lost their opening two matches and conceded a staggering 435 runs in just 35 overs against Essex and Middlesex so far and they need to reverse this poor form quickly if they are to keep their hopes alive even at this early stage.
- Another sellout at The Oval awaits them here and they will need some of their key men to step up and produce the goods which will only raise the pressure on Aaron Finch, Liam Plunkett, Tom Curran and Imran Tahir in this game.
- They remain without Test stars Burns, Roy and Curran but they have players such as Borthwick, Patel, and Foakes along with the recently rested Morne Morkel, to potentially bring in if they decide to change things around.
- Glamorgan sit with a solitary point from their opening two matches but they were saved by the rain last time out against rivals Gloucestershire as play was washed out with them on 96/8 when batting first before they were saved and gifted a point.
- The bowlers struggled in the opening defeat to Somerset as they could not defend their competitive total of 180/5 but it was their batsmen that failed last time out and they desperately need to produce a more complete performance across the team in all facets of the game.
- They have been desperately waiting for star signing Fakhar Zaman to resolve his visa issues and he has finally been named in the 14-man squad which provides them with a major boost to their batting order while they continue to be without Mitch Marsh, as their squad options have looked extremely light without their big-name duo.
It has been a poor start to the 2019 T20 Blast campaign for both of these sides and they will be desperate to pick up their first win at the Kia Oval in front of a sellout crowd. Surrey’s confidence is not great and despite missing a whole host of international players, they are significantly underperforming right now. They have the quality to pick themselves up but it will need some magic from one of their key men to inspire them. Glamorgan on the other hand are struggling for confidence themselves but do not have the same quality that Surrey possess even with Fakhar Zaman in their side. They will need something miraculous from Colin Ingram and their bowlers to stop Surrey from picking up their first win of the season on home turf.