When is Somerset vs Middlesex taking place? Friday 30th August, 18:30 (UK)
Where is Somerset vs Middlesex taking place? The Cooper Associates County Ground, Taunton
What is the expected weather for Somerset vs Middlesex? 18c with some clouds above but little chance of rain
What television channel is Somerset vs Middlesex on? Somerset vs Middlesex will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Somerset vs Middlesex? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Somerset vs Middlesex? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Somerset W9, Middlesex W4, No Result 2
Last meeting: Middlesex beat Somerset by 35 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Somerset blew a great chance to put themselves in a strong position to qualify for the knockout stages of the t20 Blast as they went down to Surrey and must now win their final game of the group stage against Middlesex.
- A win here should be enough due to their superior run rate but their task could have been made easier had they not suffered a six-wicket loss to Surrey who reached their total of 158 with relative ease.
- Somerset have been handed a huge boost ahead of this crucial do-or-die clash with captain Lewis Gregory coming back into contention following a foot injury and his return will be a welcome one after only managing three games in this year’s competition.
- Middlesex lost their third game in a row to leave their hopes of progressing to the quarter-finals hanging by a thread but a win in this final game of the round robin would put them in with a decent chance of qualification.
- On the flip side, defeat would see them crash out of the competition which will be frustrating for Middlesex having looked like one of the strongest teams in the South Group for much of the tournament.
- AB de Villiers announced his return to the side with an unbeaten 52 but it was not enough as his side were comfortably beaten by eight wickets against Hampshire while the bowling unit needs to show serious improvement on recent performances.
This contest between Somerset and Middlesex could decide who qualifies for the knockout stages and who misses out. The loser will definitely miss out whilst a win for Somerset would all but seal their place because of their run rate but Middlesex would need other results to go their way. This game could go either way but the away side have struggled with the ball in recent games and that could be their downfall here with Somerset able to edge what should be a thrilling clash to advance to the quarter-finals.