When is Somerset vs Kent Spitfires taking place? Saturday 10th August, 19:00 (UK)
Where is Somerset vs Kent Spitfires taking place? The Cooper Associates County Ground, Taunton
What is the expected weather for Somerset vs Kent Spitfires? 18c and cloudy but no rain forecast
What television channel is Somerset vs Kent Spitfires on? Somerset vs Kent Spitfires will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Somerset vs Kent Spitfires? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Somerset vs Kent Spitfires? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Somerset W3, Kent Spitfires W12, No result 1
Last meeting: Kent Spitfires beat Somerset by 41 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Somerset are coming off a resounding victory over Hampshire on Friday night, winning by 61 runs on the D/L method as after posting an impressive 202/4, they restricted Hampshire to 69/6 before the rain brought an end to proceedings.
- Overseas star Babar Azam smashed an unbeaten 102 to lay the foundations for the win and the Pakistan batsman finally hit three figures after a 95, 83, and 56 in his previous three innings, with his form a key reason for Somerset’s move up the South Group standings.
- They have named the same squad for this match but they may consider rotations to keep the side fresh and that could see Jamie Overton come into the bowling attack if they do change things around.
- Kent Spitfires remain strong contenders for a top two spot in the South Group but they will be keen to pick up another win against a Somerset team in fifth place who are challenging for a top four place themselves.
- The Spitfires suffered an unexpected loss on Wednesday to Gloucestershire and that was largely down to a below-par batting display as they could only muster 125/8 despite Bell-Drummond’s 62 so they will need more from the rest of the team to compete against Babar Azam and Somerset’s batting line-up.
- Kent may be tempted to throw skipper Sam Billings straight back into the side after he played his first match since shoulder surgery for the second team on Friday, and after hitting 29 from 20 balls, they could consider putting him back into the side.
Somerset have good momentum behind them at the moment with three wins from their last four matches as they make a charge in the South Group. The Spitfires on the other hand have slowed down a little after their fast start and have lost two of their last three. With Babar Azam in stunning form, it is difficult to oppose Somerset right now, but the Spitfires have won their last 11 T20 matches against them. Somerset will have to defy recent history, but they have the form to do so.