Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Somerset vs Gloucestershire Preview & Prediction
When is Somerset vs Gloucestershire taking place? Friday 16th August, 18:30 (UK)
Where is Somerset vs Gloucestershire taking place? The Cooper Associates County Ground, Taunton
What is the expected weather for Somerset vs Gloucestershire? 18c but high wind and rain could curtain any play
What television channel is Somerset vs Gloucestershire on? Somerset vs Gloucestershire will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Somerset vs Gloucestershire? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Somerset vs Gloucestershire? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Somerset W13, Gloucestershire W11, No result 6
Last meeting: Gloucestershire beat Somerset by 4 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Somerset put themselves right in contention for a quarter-final spot as they defeated Kent last time out which was in large part down to posting 206 to leave their opponents with a big total to chase.
- Tom Banton has been in fine form in this season’s competition but he took it up a level against Kent as he produced a wonderful 100 from just 51 balls as his side claimed the 55-run win.
- Somerset have named an unchanged squad for this game and following the fine victory over Kent, they are expected to name the same XI unless there are any late niggles that force a change.
- Gloucestershire made it three wins from their last four games as they bounced back from their narrow defeat to Middlesex by producing a solid performance to comfortably see off Hampshire.
- The bowling unit did well to restrict Hampshire to just 139/6 and with a second-wicket partnership of 102 from skipper Michael Klinger and James Bracey, Somerset still had 13 balls left in the bank when they surpassed their total to claim a seven-wicket victory.
- Zak Chappell took a wicket on his debut after arriving on loan from Notts Outlaws and he should retain his place here as he looks to add a different dimension to the Gloucestershire bowling attack.
This is a huge game between two teams right in the mix for quarter-final spots in what should be a fascinating derby. Somerset host rivals Gloucestershire with just one point currently separating the teams in the table which highlights how important this could be. The weather forecast does not look brilliant but hopefully a result can be achieved and if it is, the home side could get on top thanks to their in-form batsmen as they look to post a total of over 200 for the fourth game in succession.