When is Somerset vs Glamorgan taking place? Saturday 24th August, 19:00 (UK)
Where is Somerset vs Glamorgan taking place? The Cooper Associates County Ground, Taunton
What is the expected weather for Somerset vs Glamorgan? 23-24c with mostly sun as the night sky draws in
What television channel is Somerset vs Glamorgan on? Somerset vs Glamorgan will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Somerset vs Glamorgan? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Somerset vs Glamorgan? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Somerset W16, Glamorgan W11, No result 4
Last meeting: Somerset beat Glamorgan by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Somerset fell to a disappointing defeat against one of their rivals for a spot in the knockout stages as they missed the chance to leapfrog Gloucestershire as they went down to a 25-run loss.
- An opening partnership of 105 set Gloucestershire well on their way as they made 189/4 and despite Somerset getting off to a good start by making it to 90/1 in under 10 overs, they lost too many wickets in quick succession to kick-on as they were bowled out for 164.
- Babar Azam continued his fine form with the bat as he notched another 44 runs to extend his lead at the top of the run-scoring charts with him now sitting on 478 and with teammate Tom Banton sitting in second with 406, Somerset need to find a way to not let their efforts go to waste.
- Glamorgan’s last game with Essex was washed out to make it 11 matches without a victory in this season’s T20 Blast which has seen them be the first team to be eliminated from this year’s competition.
- It has been a disastrous tournament for Glamorgan who will now attempt to restore some pride and that will begin with a big game against local rivals Somerset and will do so with a much-changed squad.
- Matt Maynard has decided to ring the changes and could hand senior T20 debuts to Roman Walker and Prem Sisodiya whilst Nick Selman receives his first call-up of the season and could feature alongside Owen Morgan who has earned a recall.
The pressure is now well and truly off Glamorgan and that could help them in their quest to end their drought in this year’s competition. They are yet to break their duck 11 games in but face another tricky contest against Somerset. The home side slipped to a shock loss against Essex to put a big dent in their hopes of making the quarter-finals but they should be able to get back to winning ways against the winless visitors thanks to their superior hitting power amongst their batsmen.