Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Notts Outlaws vs Derbyshire Falcons Preview & Prediction
When is Notts Outlaws vs Derbyshire Falcons taking place? Friday 16th August, 18:30 (UK)
Where is Notts Outlaws vs Derbyshire Falcons taking place? Trent Bridge, Nottingham
What is the expected weather for Notts Outlaws vs Derbyshire Falcons? 17c with a high chance of rain
What television channel is Notts Outlaws vs Derbyshire Falcons on? Notts Outlaws vs Derbyshire Falcons will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Notts Outlaws vs Derbyshire Falcons? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Notts Outlaws vs Derbyshire Falcons? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Notts Outlaws W21, Derbyshire Falcons W7, No Result 3
Last meeting: Notts Outlaws beat Derbyshire Falcons by 27 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Notts Outlaws were left to rue the weather as they were denied a chance to keep the pressure on Lancashire Lightning at the top of the North Group after their clash with Durham Jets was abandoned.
- The game with the Jets was washed out without a single ball being bowled so the Outlaws had to settle for a point and now sit five points behind the table-toppers although they do have a game in hand on the Lightning.
- Notts have named an unchanged 14-man squad for this East Midlands derby and they could well go with the same XI that took to the field against Birmingham Bears following their 28-run win in that one.
- Derbyshire Falcons could not make it three wins in a row as they fell to a heavy defeat against Leicestershire Foxes which prevented the Falcons from leaping to second place in the North Group.
- Derbyshire would have fancied their chances of chasing down the 150 they had been set to win but fell well short as they collapsed to 24/6 before recovering somewhat as they managed to get to 94 before they were bowled out.
- That 55-run loss could have ramifications for those who failed with the bat and although he was not solely responsible after he was run out, veteran Darren Stevens’ place in the side will surely come under threat after falling for a duck as his struggles continue.
Notts Outlaws will be keen to keep the pressure on Lancashire at the top of the North Group whilst also keep themselves in a strong position with plenty of teams chasing a quarter-final spot. The table is still looking extremely congested and one loss could result in a big change in the standings. They host Derbyshire here in what is a big game for both teams but if the weather holds off, the home side can improve their impressive record against their opponents and open up a three-point lead on them in the process.