Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Notts Outlaws vs Birmingham Bears Preview & Prediction
When is Notts Outlaws vs Birmingham Bears taking place? Friday 2nd August, 18:30 (UK)
Where is Notts Outlaws vs Birmingham Bears taking place? Trent Bridge, Nottingham
What is the expected weather for Notts Outlaws vs Birmingham Bears? 21c with cloud but no rain expected
What television channel is Notts Outlaws vs Birmingham Bears on? Notts Outlaws vs Birmingham Bears will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Notts Outlaws vs Birmingham Bears? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Notts Outlaws vs Birmingham Bears? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Notts Outlaws W8, Birmingham Bears W7
Last meeting: Birmingham Bears beat Notts Outlaws by 6 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Notts were unable to make it three wins in a row as they suffered defeat to Leicestershire in a rain-affected contest that was reduced to 11 overs apiece because of the weather with the Outlaws falling to a 21-run defeat.
- Leicestershire posted 125/3 from their 11 overs but Notts never really got going with Tom Moores the only one to do any damaged as he notched an impressive, unbeaten score of 44 from just 19 balls.
- Despite that defeat in their last outing, it is difficult to envisage Notts making too many changes to their side and could even be unchanged as they look to get back to winning ways and stay in touch of the teams at the top of the North Group.
- Birmingham Bears lost their first game of this year’s T20 Blast as they went down to Northamptonshire but they still sit in a very strong positon at this early stage of the tournament.
- Chasing 156 to win, Birmingham’s total were revised following rain but they only managed to post 111/8 off their 16 overs which meant a 21-run loss under the D/L method thanks in-part to their batsmen failing to stick around after starts with none reaching 30 runs.
- The Bears have been handed a huge boost ahead of this important clash with fast bowler Olly Stone returning to the squad following his England Test debut last week with the ECB agreeing to his release after he was not selected for the first Ashes contest.
These two teams are separated by just two competition points with very little between them which should make this a great contest. Both will need to bounce back from defeats in their rain-affected matches but with Olly Stone returning to the Birmingham line-up, he could give his side the edge and earn them the win which would mean a third loss from four games for Notts at Trent Bridge.