Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Leicestershire Foxes Preview & Prediction
When is Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Leicestershire Foxes taking place? Friday 16th August, 18:30 (UK)
Where is Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Leicestershire Foxes taking place? The County Ground, Northampton
What is the expected weather for Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Leicestershire Foxes? 16c but heavy wind and rain could wash this out
What television channel is Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Leicestershire Foxes on? Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Leicestershire Foxes will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Leicestershire Foxes? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Leicestershire Foxes? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Northamptonshire Steelbacks W7, Leicestershire Foxes W5, No Result 3
Last meeting: Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Leicestershire Foxes – no result
THE TEAM NEWS
- Northamptonshire Steelbacks put in a valiant effort against runaway North Group leaders Lancashire Lightning but ultimately fell short as they were unable to prevent their opponents chasing down the 158 they were trying to defend.
- Adam Rossington top-scored for his side with 40 runs from 32 balls but it proved in vain as the Steelbacks’ bowling unit struggled to take wickets with the Lightning eventually surpassing their target with nine balls remaining.
- Northamptonshire used eight different bowlers during their innings and it is not difficult to see why they have struggled with the ball so far in the tournament with Ben Sanderson their leading wicket-taker with 10.
- Leicestershire Foxes continued their impressive run of form as they defeated Derbyshire Falcons in their last game to make it three wins in a row from games that have managed to be played.
- The Foxes did not really impress with the bat as they made 149/7 but their bowlers did a superb job to claim a big win as they reduced the Falcons to 24/6 before eventually skittling them for 94.
- Colin Ackermann continued where he left off following his record-breaking performance against Birmingham Bears as he added another three wickets for just nine runs and he looks like he will have a key role for the Foxes moving forward.
Leicestershire have done well to turn things around after a poor start to their T20 Blast campaign but they know they still have plenty of work to do to make the quarter-finals. They have won their last three games that have reached a conclusion and will be confident of extending that run as they head to Northamptonshire. The Steelbacks have not impressed so far and unless they sort their bowling attack out, they look set to struggle again if this game goes ahead.