Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Lancashire Lightning Preview & Prediction
When is Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Lancashire Lightning taking place? Wednesday 14th August, 18:30 (UK)
Where is Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Lancashire Lightning taking place? The County Ground, Northampton
What is the expected weather for Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Lancashire Lightning? 18c but light rain is expected and could disrupt play
What television channel is Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Lancashire Lightning on? Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Lancashire Lightning will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Lancashire Lightning? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Lancashire Lightning? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Northamptonshire Steelbacks W3, Lancashire Lightning W6, No Result 1
Last meeting: Lancashire Lightning beat Northamptonshire Steelbacks by 8 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Northamptonshire Steelbacks suffered their second successive washout with their game against Worcestershire Rapids called off without a ball being bowled but that point keeps them within touching distance of the quarter-final spots.
- With the North Group so tightly bunched, every point is going to be crucial in the race for the knockout stages but this will be a tough test for the Steelbacks against the side currently occupying top spot.
- Rob Keogh has one of the highest averages in this year’s competition with the right-hander currently going at 53.5 a game but he will be looking to kick-on in the second half of the round-robin as he tries to better his current top score this year of 59*.
- Lancashire Lightning suffered a shock defeat against Birmingham Bears as they lost their first game of this year’s T20 Blast but they still retain a three-point lead at the top of the North Group.
- The Lightning were chasing 180 for the win against the Bears and despite Glenn Maxwell’s superb knock of 79 off just 39 balls, his dismissal slowed down the chase considerably as Lancashire fell to a 15-run defeat.
- Lancashire have largely stuck to the same playing group during this year’s Blast and following their success so far, it is not expected that they will make many changes for this game, even in light of their first defeat.
Lancashire will be looking to bounce straight back following their first defeat of this year’s competition. They travel to play a Northamptonshire side that have had both of their last two games washed out. The Steelbacks need a win to remain in the hunt for a place in the knockout stages but they will struggle against the Lightning who can claim their sixth win of the tournament.