Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Durham Jets Preview & Prediction
When is Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Durham Jets taking place? Wednesday 7th August, 18:30 (UK)
Where is Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Durham Jets taking place? The County Ground, Northampton
What is the expected weather for Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Durham Jets? 21c and sunshine forecast
What television channel is Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Durham Jets on? Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Durham Jets will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Durham Jets? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Durham Jets? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Northamptonshire Steelbacks W6, Durham Jets W8, No result 3
Last meeting: Durham Jets beat Northamptonshire Steelbacks by 7 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- While the Northamptonshire Steelbacks may sit at the bottom of the North Group they are the only team to have played just five matches so far, so with the games coming thick and fast now they will be hoping to get more wins under their belts.
- Despite losing last time out at the hands of Derbyshire Falcons, the major positive from that match was the form of skipper Josh Cobb who hit 84 from 50 balls as they totalled 180/5 when batting first and that was comfortably their highest total of the campaign so far.
- The bowling remains fragile and they are still waiting for overseas stars Dwaine Pretorius and Faheem Ashraf to find some match-winning form, with neither of them really hitting the heights so far.
- Durham Jets are coming off a heavy loss at the hands of Lancashire Lightning on Friday and they will look to build on their six points from six matches against the Steelbacks who they have already beaten once so far this season.
- Their results are very much dependent on Aussie star D’Arcy Short as when he produces the goods with the bat he has spurred them on but it does highlight the reliance on him and the need for other batsmen like Peter Handscombe to step up.
- Short topscored in the previous match with 46 and took 2/19 from four overs as Durham scraped to victory by seven runs, and they will look to him to inspire another win which could see them move into the top four.
Northamptonshire have a steady run of matches now as they look to make up ground and move off the bottom of the North Group, but they remain short on quality overall. They welcome Durham Jets to town, having already lost once to them this season. While the Jets are proving to be massively inconsistent, they do have some explosive players like D’Arcy Short that should prove the difference in what could be another tight game.