Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Derbyshire Falcons Preview & Prediction
When is Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Derbyshire Falcons taking place? Friday 2nd August, 19:00 (UK)
Where is Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Derbyshire Falcons taking place? The County Ground, Northampton
What is the expected weather for Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Derbyshire Falcons? 23c with cloud and sunny intervals
What television channel is Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Derbyshire Falcons on? Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Derbyshire Falcons will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Derbyshire Falcons? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Derbyshire Falcons? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Northamptonshire Steelbacks W7, Derbyshire Falcons W3, No result 4
Last meeting: Northamptonshire Steelbacks beat Derbyshire Falcons by 7 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- It has been a slow start for the Steelbacks so far this season but they were frustrated by the rain last time out against Yorkshire Vikings which denied them the opportunity to build upon their first win of the season against Birmingham Bears.
- Despite winning their last completed game against the Bears, the coaching team will still be concerned by the fact they conceded three early wickets in that game and they have to try and forge some partnerships early in their innings to avoid putting their middle order under so much pressure.
- Both overseas stars Dwaine Pretorius and Faheem Ashraf were excellent with the ball last time out and were a key part of that victory but the Steelbacks will still be hoping for more from them with the bat.
- After winning their opening match against Yorkshire Vikings, the Derbyshire Falcons have lost three and had one match washed out, so they will be desperate to reverse this form as they come off a defeat at the hands of defending champions Worcestershire Rapids on Wednesday evening.
- Leus du Plooy continued his fine form with the bat as he hit his second fifty and now has 179 runs from four innings in the tournament, but skipper Billy Godleman suffered a golden duck and they need him to recapture his form.
- The bowling unit ultimately did not have enough runs to work with in the loss to the Rapids but they pushed the hosts all the way, so they will hope to make inroads early into this fragile Steelbacks top order in what should be an unchanged team.
Both Northamptonshire Steelbacks and Derbyshire Falcons have just one win apiece so far in the tournament, and neither can really afford another defeat. They have competed well in matches, but both teams have plenty of weaknesses throughout their starting line-ups. The Falcons arguably have the edge with the bat with Leus du Plooy the standout batsman of either side, while their bowling unit is capable. They should have enough to get over the line against this relatively uninspiring Steelbacks team but it is difficult to have confidence in either side right now.