Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Birmingham Bears Preview & Prediction
When is Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Birmingham Bears taking place? Friday 26th July, 18:30 (UK)
Where is Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Birmingham Bears taking place? The County Ground, Northampton
What is the expected weather for Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Birmingham Bears? 22c with a 50% chance of rain through the afternoon and evening
What television channel is Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Birmingham Bears on? Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Birmingham Bears will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Birmingham Bears? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Northamptonshire Steelbacks vs Birmingham Bears? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Northamptonshire Steelbacks W13, Birmingham Bears W17, Tied 1
Last meeting: Birmingham Bears beat Northamptonshire Steelbacks by 17 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Steelbacks already look like they are going to endure another difficult and long T20 Blast campaign as they have lost their opening two matches and they look bereft of quality and confidence within their squad.
- There were signs that overseas all-rounders Faheem Ashraf and Dwaine Pretorius are finding some form with the bat but the duo will both be keen to improve notably with the ball and help make greater inroads into oppositions’ batting line-ups which they have struggled with so far.
- Veteran all-rounder Graeme White had an exceptional game last time out with his quickfire knock of 27 and 1/19 from four overs but as is the case with bat and ball, they need more contributors if they are to compete better and win a match.
- Birmingham Bears have stamped their authority on the tournament in their opening three matches as after their opening washout, they have comprehensively beaten Leicestershire and Derbyshire, and they will be confident of extending their unbeaten run here.
- After their superb bowling performance against Leicestershire, the batsmen took control of the last match against Derbyshire as Sam Hain hit 85 from 61 balls and Adam Hose 69 from 35 as they smashed 205/5, while Ashton Agar chipped in with another valuable innings of 26 as they look an extremely well-rounded team.
- Their spin bowling unit led by Agar and Patel continue to impress while Fidel Edwards’ influence has been key as he has taken early wickets in both matches so far to swing the match in their favour, and all the signs point towards an unchanged team here.
Bottom faces top in the North Group and there are very few factors in the Steelbacks favour coming into this game against the dominant Bears. Unless Faheem Ashraf and Dwaine Pretorius start putting some big scores together and making more of an impact with the ball, it is difficult to see the Steelbacks winning many games once again this season. The Bears on the other hand are one of the most complete teams in the competition and they look set to make a long run in this year’s tournament. They should pick up their third consecutive win here with only complacency a threat to them in this one.