Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Middlesex vs Sussex Sharks Preview & Prediction
When is Middlesex vs Sussex Sharks taking place? Saturday 24th August, 14:30 (UK)
Where is Middlesex vs Sussex Sharks taking place? Uxbridge Cricket Ground, Uxbridge
What is the expected weather for Middlesex vs Sussex Sharks? 28c with plenty of sunshine expected with a smattering of clouds but no chance of rain
What television channel is Middlesex vs Sussex Sharks on? Middlesex vs Sussex Sharks will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Middlesex vs Sussex Sharks? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Middlesex vs Sussex Sharks? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Middlesex W7, Sussex Sharks W16, No result 5
Last meeting: Sussex Sharks beat Middlesex by 4 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Middlesex failed to put further daylight between themselves and the chasing pack in the hunt for a quarter-final spot as they slipped to a heavy defeat against Hampshire thanks in largely to a poor showing with the bat.
- The home side struggled to score runs at a quick enough pace and then collapsed towards the end of their innings as they lost their final six wickets for just seven runs with Hampshire claiming a seven-wicket win as they easily chased down the 129 set to win.
- Middlesex have retained 13 of the squad that was named against Hampshire with Dan Lincoln and Max Holden omitted whilst AB de Villiers will miss his final game before returning.
- Sussex Sharks fell to just their second defeat of this year’s T20 Blast as the South Group leaders were toppled by struggling Essex in a big upset that the Sharks will be keen to respond to.
- Essex were able to post 168/5 and despite a superb 66 from just 37 balls from South African David Wiese, Sussex’s run chase fell short after they left themselves with too much to do at the death as they fell to a nine-run loss.
- Club captain Ben Brown could come into contention for the trip to Middlesex but they are still without the injured Tymal Mills, Will Sheffield and Stiaan van Zyl whilst Delray Rawlins is away with Bermuda.
Neither Middlesex nor Sussex impressed in their previous game and both will be eager to get back to winning ways as they face-off here. Another loss for Middlesex could put a big dent in their bid to make the knockout stages whilst Sussex will want to extend their lead at the top of the South Group with a win here all-but sealing their spot in the last-eight. The visitors have been more consistent throughout the round robin but have lost their last two games that have seen a result and that could open the door for the home side to claim a vital win.