When is Middlesex vs Somerset taking place? Sunday 4th August, 14:30 (UK)
Where is Middlesex vs Somerset taking place? Old Deer Park, Richmond
What is the expected weather for Middlesex vs Somerset? 25c with clouds but there appears to be no chance of rain
What television channel is Middlesex vs Somerset on? Middlesex vs Somerset will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Middlesex vs Somerset? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Middlesex vs Somerset? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Middlesex W3, Somerset W9, No Result 2
Last meeting: Somerset beat Middlesex by 38 runs (D/L method)
THE TEAM NEWS
- Middlesex fell to defeat against Kent in their last game of the T20 Blast and despite being well-placed in the South Group, they will not want to lose a second consecutive game due to the congested nature of the table.
- Four points separate six teams but those numbers could have been different if Middlesex had been able to overcome Kent with their run chase falling short in the 28-run loss with none of their batsmen able to make it to a half-century despite making decent starts.
- Despite the under-par performance against Kent, it would be a surprise if Middlesex made any changes to their starting line-up after fielding what would be deemed as their best team and they should get a chance to atone for their recent defeat.
- Somerset have been inconsistent in the T20 Blast so far but produced a very impressive batting performance as they claimed just their second victory of this year’s competition so far.
- Having been set 204 to win after struggling to take wickets against Surrey, Somerset won with eight balls remaining for an eight-wicket win as Eddie Byrom smashed 54 off just 19 balls to help his side to the win.
- Tom Banton made it back-to-back half-centuries as he scored 71 from 37 and that big hitting will be key if they are to make it successive victories here and could name an unchanged side with Byrom ensuring his place in the team after replacing injured captain Lewis Gregory.
Both of these teams will fancy their chances in this clash that could be a tightly-fought affair. Middlesex fell short against table toppers Kent in their last game whilst Somerset produced a brilliant batting display to see off Surrey. Their bowlers did not perform to their capability once again but it will come together for them at some point and with their batsmen in such good form, they can once again be crucial to guide their side to another win.