Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Middlesex vs Kent Spitfires Preview & Prediction
When is Middlesex vs Kent Spitfires taking place? Thursday 1st August, 18:15 (UK)
Where is Middlesex vs Kent Spitfires taking place? Venue: Lord's, London
What is the expected weather for Middlesex vs Kent Spitfires? 24c with cloud and sunny spells
What television channel is Middlesex vs Kent Spitfires on? Middlesex vs Kent Spitfires will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Middlesex vs Kent Spitfires? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Middlesex vs Kent Spitfires? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Middlesex W14, Kent Spitfires W11, No result 1
Last meeting: Kent Spitfires beat Middlesex beat Essex by 3 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Middlesex come into this clash against the leaders of the South Group with plenty of confidence themselves as they have won three of their four matches so far and comprehensively beat Glamorgan by eight wickets last time out.
- To give them an even further boost, they are able to recall AB de Villiers following his finger injury, Paul Stirling after he completed his international duty with Ireland, and Eoin Morgan comes into the squad for the first time this season after a well-earned rest following the World Cup win.
- Lincoln, Holden and Scott are the likely if unfortunate players to drop out of the batting order for the star trio that are returning as they join the tournament’s top runscorer in Dawid Malan and Stephen Eskinazi to form what is arguably the best top five in the competition.
- Kent Spitfires remain the only team in this season’s T20 Blast to have the perfect record as they have won all four matches played so far and they continue to produce superb all-round displays as they come off an excellent rain-affected win over Surrey on Tuesday.
- Mohammad Nabi was the star of the show in that match as he smashed an unbeaten 43 from just 12 balls to chase down Surrey’s total of 54/4 from seven overs with three overs to spare themselves, but it was an excellent overall performance.
- The bowlers have been just as impactful in recent games with Viljoen, Milne, Nabi and Qayyum forming an excellent if underrated attack, and there is every chance they go unchanged for this match as they remain without Billings and Denly.
This match has all the hallmarks of being a classic as these two sides are in great form and possess plenty of star power in their ranks. Middlesex have been playing some excellent cricket despite missing the likes of Morgan, Stirling and De Villiers, but that quality trio return here to bolster them even further. Kent have also been playing well without Denly and Billings, and while they do not possess as many big names as Middlesex, they are such a good all-round team. That said, this will be their toughest test yet, and with Middlesex’s bowling attack being one of the best in the tournament, the hosts could inflict the Spitfires’ first loss of the campaign here.