Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Middlesex vs Gloucestershire Preview & Prediction
When is Middlesex vs Gloucestershire taking place? Sunday 11th August, 14:30 (UK)
Where is Middlesex vs Gloucestershire taking place? Radlett Cricket Club, Radlett
What is the expected weather for Middlesex vs Gloucestershire? 21c with some sun but showers could hit as the game progresses
What television channel is Middlesex vs Gloucestershire on? Middlesex vs Gloucestershire will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Middlesex vs Gloucestershire? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Middlesex vs Gloucestershire? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Middlesex W1, Gloucestershire W12, No Result 2
Last meeting: Gloucestershire beat Middlesex by 2 wickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Middlesex fell to defeat against Sussex Sharks as they failed to extend their winning run from two to three matches and now face a very tough test against the side sitting one place below them in the South Group.
- Sussex were able to claim a four-wicket victory after Middlesex could only muster 127/6 off their 20 overs as Stevie Eskinazi and Toby Roland-Jones saved them from an even worse display with the pair totalling all but 30 of their side’s total.
- Nathan Sowter did his best with the ball and took three wickets but he was offered little support in the under-par performance and Middlesex will need a big response here as they bid to bounce back while they are expected to give the same XI a chance to right the wrongs of that display.
- Gloucestershire made it back-to-back wins as they managed to claim a narrow win over Surrey in a rain-affected contest which looked in the balance for long periods but they eventually came out on top.
- They posted 165/8 which proved enough despite a valiant effort from Surrey who were cut short in their run chase by the weather as Gloucestershire ended up with a nine-run win by the D/L method.
- Whilst Gloucestershire struggled for wickets, a brilliant spell from David Payne saw him only concede nine runs from three overs which kept the run chase in check and meant an important win and his side could be unchanged following that effort.
This is a crucial contest between two teams challenging at the right end of the South Group. The winner of this game will pick up a valuable two points to keep the pressure on the teams above but the losing side will be dragged back in with the teams below in what is shaping up to be a very tight race for a quarter-final spot. This could go either way but preference is for the away side who look to be hitting form at the right time and have only lost to Middlesex once in 15 T20 meetings.