Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Leicestershire Foxes vs Durham Jets Preview & Prediction
When is Leicestershire Foxes vs Durham Jets taking place? Friday 26th July, 18:30 (UK)
Where is Leicestershire Foxes vs Durham Jets taking place? Fischer County Ground, Grace Road, Leicester
What is the expected weather for Leicestershire Foxes vs Durham Jets? 22c with a 30% chance of rain throughout the day
What television channel is Leicestershire Foxes vs Durham Jets on? Leicestershire Foxes vs Durham Jets will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Leicestershire Foxes vs Durham Jets? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Leicestershire Foxes vs Durham Jets? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Leicestershire Foxes W12, Durham Jets W14, No result 4
Last meeting: Durham Jets beat Leicestershire Foxes by 14 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Leicestershire Foxes were on the wrong end of a 456-run thriller on Tuesday as they fell 54 runs short of Yorkshire Vikings’ staggering 255/2 but there were plenty of positives despite remaining winless after three matches.
- Despite falling short of their target, they indulged in some impressive hitting with Lilley, Hill and Ackermann all producing some fireworks so they will take heart from the fact they surpassed over 200 despite losing, but they know they have to improve on their bowling and fielding.
- The big concern for head coach Paul Nixon will be the lack of incisiveness from his bowlers who have only managed to take five wickets in their last two matches and unless they changes quickly, they will find it difficult in any of their upcoming matches.
- Durham Jets are coming off a disappointing loss to Lancashire Lightning on Sunday as they succumbed to a 72-run loss and that damaged their net run rate significantly so they will look to bounce back against a struggling Foxes team.
- Their second team played two friendly matches on Thursday against Worcestershire’s second string eleven and they handed the likes of Ben Raine and Chris Rushworth some playing time in an attempt to find some form with Raine keen to improve his batting especially.
- As will likely be the case throughout this T20 Blast campaign, the Jets’ hopes will rest on the impact of star Aussie D’Arcy Short and he will be looking to bounce back here from a relatively poor display last time out in which he only managed five runs and went for 1/40 with the ball.
This is one of the more difficult matches to call from Friday’s fixtures as neither team has particularly convinced in the opening rounds of the T20 Blast. The Foxes need to raise their game significantly and quickly to reverse their fortunes, while the Jets have put in two very mixed displays so far. Much depends on which version of the Jets and key man D’Arcy Short turn up, but this is one match that the Foxes may just be able to scrape if they can improve their bowling and economy rates. It is a tough match to call however and could easily go either way.