Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Lancashire Lightning vs Yorkshire Vikings Preview & Prediction
When is Lancashire Lightning vs Yorkshire Vikings taking place? Friday 9th August, 18:30 (UK)
Where is Lancashire Lightning vs Yorkshire Vikings taking place? Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester
What is the expected weather for Lancashire Lightning vs Yorkshire Vikings? 20c but rain is expected all day which could have a huge impact on proceedings
What television channel is Lancashire Lightning vs Yorkshire Vikings on? Lancashire Lightning vs Yorkshire Vikings will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream Lancashire Lightning vs Yorkshire Vikings? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Lancashire Lightning vs Yorkshire Vikings? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Lancashire Lightning W14, Yorkshire Vikings W12, No Result 5
Last meeting: Lancashire Lightning beat Yorkshire Vikings by 9 runs
THE TEAM NEWS
- Lancashire Lightning extended their unbeaten run in this year’s T20 Blast as they claimed their fifth win of the competition so far as they edged out Notts by just three runs in their last game.
- Glenn Maxwell’s brilliant 73 helped his side to 151/6 but needed a solid final over from James Faulkner to seal the win as he took two wickets with consecutive balls to leave the Outlaws with too much to do as they fell short in their run chase.
- Lancashire could name an unchanged side for this game as they seek a fourth consecutive victory over their Roses rivals with a win moving them one step closer to securing top spot in the North Group.
- Yorkshire Vikings blew the chance of claiming an important victory as they failed to find the two runs they needed from the final ball against Birmingham Bears as they could only muster a single which saw the game end in a tie.
- Chasing 178 for the win, Yorkshire got off to a strong start but faded towards the end of their innings and Tom Kohler-Cadmore’s unbeaten 76 was only enough to earn his side a point.
- Kohler-Cadmore will captain the side again in the absence of Steve Patterson who could miss the rest of the Blast as he focuses on the red ball game whilst the Vikings could be without batsmen Gary Ballance and Harry Brook through injury.
Lancashire Lightning have been brilliant in this competition so far and will be hopeful of extending their unbeaten start as they host Yorkshire Vikings in the battle of the Roses. The weather could play a big part but if it stays away, they will fancy their chances of a fourth consecutive win over their rivals who are struggling at the wrong end of the table. The Vikings will also be missing several players through injury which further enhances the home side’s chances of another victory.