Vitality t20 Blast 2019 – Lancashire Lightning vs Derbyshire Falcons Preview & Prediction
When is Lancashire Lightning vs Derbyshire Falcons taking place? Monday 26th August, 14:30 (UK)
Where is Lancashire Lightning vs Derbyshire Falcons taking place? Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester
What is the expected weather for Lancashire Lightning vs Derbyshire Falcons? 26c with sunshine forecast all day
What television channel is Lancashire Lightning vs Derbyshire Falcons on? Lancashire Lightning vs Derbyshire Falcons will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Lancashire Lightning vs Derbyshire Falcons? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Lancashire Lightning vs Derbyshire Falcons? Check https://www.ecb.co.uk/T20-Blast for updates about tickets
All-time meetings: Lancashire Lightning W17, Derbyshire Falcons W11, Tied 1, No result 3
Last meeting: No result
THE TEAM NEWS
- Lancashire Lightning extended their lead at the top of the North Group on Sunday as they smashed 218/5 against Worcestershire and the visitors fell 25 runs short as Steven Croft’s stunning 94 from 55 balls proved the difference.
- They have named an unchanged 15-man squad for this match and coach Glen Chapple may consider one or two rotations for this game now that top spot is all but guaranteed for the Lightning.
- Glenn Maxwell returned to the side following injury on Sunday and took three wickets to slow the Rapids’ run chase down, and the Australian all-rounder will be key once again here unless they do decide to be cautious with him and rest him against the Falcons.
- Derbyshire Falcons sit in fourth place coming into their final group stage match and they know that a point will suffice to ensure they quality for the knockout round after they picked up a comprehensive win over Leicestershire Foxes on Sunday by nine wickets.
- That was their second nine-wicket win in a row as their bowlers have been doing a fantastic job of restricting their opponents to low totals, while their batsmen have had no trouble in knocking them off with relative ease to put them within touching distance of a knockout phase place.
- There is little need to change a winning formula so there is a good chance that they name an unchanged side as they aim to pick up their third consecutive win to ensure they are playing in the knockouts.
Both of these teams are expected to feature in the knockouts but they will be keen to continue their recent good form, and for the Falcons, they still need a point to confirm their place and not rely on net run rate. Lightning have been dominant in the group stage and were as impressive as ever in their win on Sunday which they will look to build on here. They have the greater all-round quality, and they will fancy their chances of beating the Falcons here with only complacency being a threat to them here.